7. A day with MorEve

The next day came very quickly in Eve's opinion. "Again," Cassian ordered. Eve grumbled but complied... and did it wrong ... again. Cassian sighed; this was not like Eve. "Ok, what happened last night. You look like you haven't slept in ages and are in a foul mood."

"Nothing," Eve said sharply, making Cass drop the subject. She was in a mood today and there was no use pounding against her adamant wall of steel. Thankfully for him, Mike came to the rescue.

"'Ello people," he said cheerfully but dimmed down when he noticed the atmosphere around him. One look at Eve and he figured the situation out. Eve looked harrowed and as if she hadn't slept at all. He would ask her later; he knew she wouldn't tell him in front of Cass; if she had wanted to she already would have.

"You know," Mike drawled, "I haven't once fought against Eve and its been months since we started training. What do you say Eve?" he smirked at her.

Eve's eyes instantly filled with wickedness. "I say bring it on." Cass threw his hands up and let them get to it. It was not like Eve had been doing the wrong maneuver for the past five minutes, no not at all.

Just as they took their positions, Az appeared beside Cass. The duo, if they saw him, did not remove their eyes from their opponent. "Scared pottah?" Mike sneered. Eve's eyes filled with mischief and she grinned wholly. Somehow, she managed to put on a straight face before she spat, "you wish, Malfoy." And with that they started throwing punches and kicks while simultaneously blocking the oncoming onslaught.

"I swear their references-" Cass said, shaking his head. He also wondered if Mike possessed some ability... he always knew what was up with Eve and knew what to do. Az just stayed silent by his side and watched the fight unfold.

It was a tie. Az had to break it up by threatening them with rounds around the training ground for half an hour. They quickly stopped after that.

Panting, the duo sat in the shade. Az and Cass had taken up the fighting ring now. Eve admired the two shirtless warriors movements. Mike noticed and gave her a small smirk. She shrugged.

"I miss football," Mike said suddenly. "Oh, me to," she said, suddenly longing to play. She jumped up and said, "then we should play now." Mike's eyes lightened up and they both went to the House to first acquire a ball. The House compiled by throwing the ball at Eve's face making Mike laugh..... it was probably because she didn't eat breakfast completely this morning, Eve groaned at that thought but left it alone for now. She would explain to the House that it wasn't that she didn't like the food, she simply hadn't been hungry.

They went to the other side of the area and started playing. Soon, Az and Cass came, observing the play. "Pfft, this is so easy," Cassian said, after a few minutes. Eve stopped, "oh yeah? Well then, it must be easy to beat me and Mike." Cassian simply puffed and walked towards where they played. After a quick explanation of the rules, they started. Needless to say, Cass lost (although barely). He did have quick reflexes and stamina. Eve whooped in victory. Cassian grumbled and went to drink some water.

"You better be ready for tomorrow's training," Az said chuckling a bit. "Worth it, his face was worth it," she said, referring to his scowl at the end. "I can hear you!" Cass shouted from where he sat and drank water. "That was the point," Eve shouted back. Az chuckled a bit. The duo had brought some light to the Inner Circle that was for sure.

"Oh, I am gonna go change," Eve said after resting a bit. She had been sitting under a tree's shade along with Mike and Az. Cassian had gone back to training. "Me too," Mike said, getting up and lending Eve his hand. "See you later Az," Eve said and left, hand in hand with her best friend.

Azriel's cheeks tinged a bit. It was the first time Eve had called him Az and not Azriel or Shadowsinger. And then it hit him, he kind of liked her. He got up quickly and left, the realization hitting him hard even though it was a tiny crush.

*******

"Where is everyone today?" Eve asked as she sat on the couch. Mor was the only one present. Az was nowhere to be seen, Cass had gone off with Mike into the unknown and Amren was holed up in a cave (Eve assumed). "We do have jobs you know," Mor said, amused.

"Pssh," Eve replied, whining like a five-year old. She was extremely bored. "I know! Let's go shopping and drink, well you drink and I get high on sugar," Eve proposed enthusiastically.

"That is a great idea," Mor said bouncing a bit. Shopping, love it. Drinks for distraction? Great! "Let me get changed," Eve said and ran to get out of her night suit.

*****

"That is the third red color dress you have picked up," Eve said, with a hand on her waist. "I like red," Mor defended herself. "Yeah, but try something new, here," Eve reasoned and threw an orange-colored dress towards Mor. Mor shook her head. "Try it," Eve groaned and pushed Mor towards the changing room.

Despite saying she had wanted to shop she wasn't actually doing much shopping for herself. It had been three hours and Eve had bought only one blueish-green dress while Mor had bought three dresses.

"Ok, honest opinion," Mor said coming out. Eve's stopped short in awe, idiotic beautiful Fae, she thought. "I don't know what to say Mor, you look stunning in orange, you should wear it more often," Eve said shaking her head. And so, with her persuading, Mor bought the dress.

"Now your turn, what are we buying, and don't say nothing or I will hit you with my bag," Mor said as they walked through the streets. Eve huffed a laugh- Mor wasn't going to let her go. "I was thinking about buying some black jeans, a jacket and some rings," she admitted.

"Then that is what we will do, I am paying by the way," and before Eve could protest, Mor had skipped ahead. Mor knew that the gold coin Eve had spent on buying that one dress today had been her last and that Eve was too prideful to even borrow some money from her.

"Ok, I need to sit down," Eve said after another hour of shopping. Four hours blood hell. This was her new shopping record. Mor laughed at Eve's horrified state when she realized that it had been four hours since they started shopping. "Ok, I am going to go and get rid of our bags, I'll be right back," Mor said shaking the bags. "Yeah ok, I am just going to sit here for a while," Eve said, already snuggled against one of the comfy chairs in Rita's. Mor shook her head and left. Today had been fun for her.

*****

"Drink! Drink! Drink!" Eve shouted as the crowd cheered. Mor was having a competition with another Fae to see who could drink faster. Mor won.

"Amazing!" Eve giggled. She had eaten a lot of delicacies and was running high on sugar and 2 glasses of wine. Mor enthusiastically hugged her back. Since she was drunk, Eve put her arm around Mor's and helped her sit down on their table.

"That was fun," Mor slurred. "You are going to have such a pounding headache tomorrow," Eve giggled. Mor pouted but then smiled goofily the next second, "worth it."

Suddenly, Mor felt everything more intensely. She could feel the warmth radiated by Eve, the cold drink in her hand, the sound of giggling and music playing in the background. She zeroed on Eve who was already looking at her with amused eyes. Her eyes- they were the color of chocolate.

Time slowed as Mor glanced at Eve's lips. Eve noticed it and asked, "Mor, what is it?" "I haven't kissed someone in a long time, someone I liked," she said slowly. Eve stayed silent for a moment, not knowing what to say. In all honesty, Eve didn't know what she was doing at the moment. She just followed her heart and leaned forward a bit. Mor taking the sign, kissed her. A bit hesitant at first but then quickly became more urgent. Eve retaliated with the same feelings. When they finally parted, Eve gasped. It had been amazing. But before anyone could form words and say something, Mor fainted. 

Happy reading!

XOXO,

the amazing author who should be sleeping right now but instead, is wide-awake