Chapter 21

"I'm going to die." I groan as I flop onto Josh's couch. Moving boxes is very tiring you know. I have a lot of shit too so, those boxes were heavy.

"Now who's being a baby?" Elena says sitting on my legs.

"Get off! Your crushing me." I whine.

"Hey, I am not that huge." Elena protests.

"I don't know about huge but, your ass is bony." I complain.

"Alright you two, leave." Josh says to Elena and Matt.

"Aw, Joshie. Are you really kicking me out?" Matt asks pouting.

"Yes, now go." He says pointing towards the door.

"Fine." Matt sighs, hanging his head as he walks to the door.

"That means you too, Bony-ass." I say to Elena.

"Your being a bitch tonight. I'll be back tomorrow. Make sure your in a better mood." She says as she follows Matt out the door.

I sigh and bury my face in the couch cushion. I hear Josh walk over towards the couch. He picks up my leg and places them on his lap once he sits down. He rubs my leg gently.

"What's the matter, baby?" He asks. I roll onto my back smiling at him.

"Nothing. I just wanted them to leave. I can only take so much of Elena. I need a break from her sometimes. You've seen how much energy she has. It's exhausting just watching her." I say.

"That's true." Josh agrees.

I sit up taking my feet off his lap. I crawl towards him, cuddling into his side. He wraps his arm around my shoulders. I look up at Josh as he looks down at me. He cups my face in his hand drawing it closer to his. His lips crash down on mine. Soon enough I'm laying on the couch with Josh on top of me. Just as the kiss begins to grow more intense someone throws the door open. Josh jumps off of me and looks behind him.

"Didn't you guys just leave?" Josh complains getting off of me. I sigh dramatically and cover my blushing face with my hands.

"Oh, sorry. Did we interrupt something?" Matt teases.

"Yes." Josh and i say simultaneously.

"Whoops. Well, I thought you might want to know that your extremely creepy ex is lurking in the parking lot." Elena says. I freeze, my eyes widening.

"Lou?"

"Yep." She confirms.

"Oh god. What am I going to do? What the fuck does he want from me?" I say becoming scared.

"I think he wants you back. But that's just me. He might just be looking to make friends with some homeless person." Josh interjects, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm just afraid he'll attack me or something." I say placing my head in my hands.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I'll make sure nothing happens to you."Josh says, trying to comfort me by putting his arm around my shoulder.

"I don't know, man. From what Elena's told me about this guy, he seems pretty fucked up." Matt says.

"Wow, way to make me feel better, Matt." I say glaring at him.

"Sorry." He says putting his hands up defensively.

 "We're going to go, then. I just thought I should let you know. We'll figure something out, Emma. Don't worry." Elena reassures me. She give me a hug as does Matt and they leave.

I get up off the couch making my way to the kitchen. I fill up a glass of water and lean against the counter trying to calm myself down. Louis really does want to make my life a living hell. He told me after we broke up that he would find me and bring me back. he's already found me, now all he has to do is figure out a way to bring me back. I cringe at the thought of being with him again, going through all that pain again, going to the hospital almost every week again. I can't have that life again. I barley made it out the first time. If I have to do it all over again I'm sure I won't make it out this time.

I don't even realize that I'm crying until Josh walks into the kitchen. Once he sees me he gets a concerned look on his face rushing over to me and holding me tightly. He kisses the tops of my head and rubs my back.

"Everything will be okay. Don't worry I'm here. I won't ever let anything bad happen to you. I love you." Josh says.

When I hear him say that I push him away and run off. Now don't get me wrong, of course I love Josh back. I just didn't want him to tell me under such shitty circumstances. I run into Josh's room and throw myself on the bed crying. I feel something jump onto the bed and lay next to me. I open my eyes to see Bennie laying there looking at me with her head crooked to the left. I sniffle and wipe some of my tears away. I reach out petting her head. She moves closer to me and curls up against my side. I drape an arm on her back and let sleep engulf me.

 _____________________________________________________________________________

 Hopefully this doesn't suck. I hope you guys liked it!

Feedback?