Chapter 19

I quickly wipe away my quickly falling tears as i near one of the overpasses on the highway.Okay, i'll admit it this isn't my best idea. And by that i mean attempting to walk down the highway. A car pulls up next to me, causing me to jump afraid that it was going to hit me. I put a hand on my chest trying to steady my rapidly beating heart. Once i take in the black truck i finally realize who it is. Louis. He rolls down his passenger window to give me a weird look.

"Emma? Why are you walking down the highway?" He asks a smirk creeping onto his lips.

"I-i um," I stutter.

"Get in." He says leaning over and throwing open the passengers door.

I hesitate at first but, end up getting in.  I slam the door shut behind me and take in my surroundings.I am way to familiar with this truck .It still looks the same though, organized and neat. Surprisingly this is one of the only things Louis ever cared about keeping tidy.

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asks pulling back onto the highway.

"I don't really want to talk about it." I say softly.

"Okay, i get it. None of the ex's business. Will you at least tell me where to drop you off?"

"Uh, I guess Elena's apartment. You remember how to get there, right?" I ask him.

"Yeah," He sighs.

Saying that Elena and Louis dislike each other is an understatement. Especially after Elena found out about what Louis had done. That seriously just made the whole situation worse. Also, considering she attempted to beat him up after she found out. I'm not so sure she would've one that fight though.

We arrive at Elena's apartment building after an awkward, silent car ride. I turn to Louis to thank him for the ride but, i guess he had other plans because once i turn in his direction his lips attach to mine. I try to push him away but he wraps his arms tightly around me preventing me from going anywhere. Just to make this worse someone throws the door to the truck open and yanks me out .I stumble slightly as i try to regain my balance and figure out what the hell just happened. I wipe roughly at my lips as if it would make the kiss disappear.

Someone grabs my shoulders and turns me around. I look up to see a very angry Josh. Oh great, he's the last person i wanted to see right now. All i want to do is punch him in the face or, kick him in the gut again either one of those options would be fine with me.

"What the fuck!?" He yells at me.

"Are you serious right now? You're yelling at me?" I yell back at him.

"Yeah i am. You run down the highway so, we had to come look for you," Josh gestures between Matt, Elena, and himself "Then we come here to find you playing tonsil hockey with him!"

"He gave me a ride here. He kissed me and, you have no right to even be saying anything about me kissing someone else."

"Yes i do. If you don't remember i am your boyfriend." He says emphasizing the word boyfriend.

"Since when?" I hear Elena ask. Josh and i both ignore her and continue arguing.

"Yeah, my boyfriend who's been cheating on me. Last time i checked when you have a girlfriend you don't go around telling other girls you love them." I say as i feel the tears begin to form.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"Josh, i saw the texts between you and that girl." I say my voice cracking.

"You mean Brooke?" He asks. I cringe as he says her name. If i start talking i know the tears will fall so i just nod.

"Emma sweetheart, Brooke is my cousin." Josh says softly.