Chapter 3

I flick through all the channels and there's nothing on. For the last 3 hours I've been crying about Louis. Suddenly I hear a knock at my door bringing me out of my thoughts. I get up and slowly make my way over to the door. Crying takes a lot of energy out of me. I open the door and Isee Josh he's holding my sweatshirt in his hand.

"You can come in." I say and step aside for him to come in. He walks past me and I close the door behind him then I turn around to face him.

"Why did you just leave like that?" He asks.

"I had stuff to do." I lie.

"Who were you talking to on the phone?"

"Uh...Just someone I used to hang out with." Or a lot more than that but, I'm not going to tell Josh.

"You left this at the studio." He says handing me my sweatshirt.

"Thanks." I smile weakly and put it on the couch. Josh grabs my arm and pulls me in front of him. He looks at my eyes.

"Have you been crying?" He asks.

"T-there was a sad movie on TV." I lie again.

"Stop lying." He says. I always was bad at lying.

"Fine. I was crying, but not because of a stupid movie." I say looking at my feet.

"Why then?" He asks.

"Because of the phone call I got when I was with you and the guys at the studio." I confess.

"Who was it?"

"My ex-boyfriend. We broke up 2 months ago."

"Why did you guys break up?"

"I don't like to talk about it..."

Josh pulls me into a hug. "You can tell me." He says rubbing circles on my back. This is like deja vu except I was the one trying to make Josh feel better.

"Because he hurt me." This is the first time I've told someone about this. The only other person who knows is Elena, my best friend, but that's because she found out.

"What do you mean he hurt you?"

"He hit me. He was drunk. He didn't know what he was doing. It's my fault for bothering him." I say remembering that horrible night.

"It was not your fault." Josh says looking at me now, but not releasing me from his arms. He just holds me out slightly so he can see my face.

"Yes it was." I say tears falling form my eyes.

"No, Emma. Never, don't even for a second, think it was your fault. How many times did he hurt you?" Josh asks concerned.

"Only twice." I say. Josh pulls me back into a hug. He lead us to the couch. I curl up next to him and cry into his shirt. Josh moves me so I'm sitting on his lap. Soon enough I fall asleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter was just kind of to explain why Emma was so upset when her ex-boyfriend called. So hope you enjoyed!

The song is 'Fix Me by:Marianas Trench'.