40- FRANK ZHANG

Art credit: @latinopercy on Tumblr.

[It's chapter 40!!]

[Anyway, Frank and Percy friendship supremacy <33]

Note: It's okay if you did any of the given inaccurate/offensive stuff before (as long as you're genuinely sorry, that is. You just didn't know because neither Rick nor some people in the fandom have much knowledge on this and don't bother researching). We did some of it in the past too. But we know better now. And we won't do it again. We hope you won't either. That's all that matters.

• CHARACTER

-He exists! Bet you didn't know that.

-He is actually a badass and not your uwu baby! Oh my gosh! Didn't expect that, did you! Go re-read Son of Neptune! (Granted, he is more compassionate and more of a "cinnamon roll" than the others but not as much as most fanfic authors like to believe, please.)

-We hope we can all collectively throw Rick's fatphobia out of the window. Frank was fat, and that's okay! Making him "buff" is not a character arc, get a life (and at least one brain cell while you're at it).

-Honestly, he's better than all of us because he hardly did anything when people compared him to a goddamn baby sumo wrestler and a panda of all things.

-Next time you call him Fai Zhang, don't.

It's Zhang Fai. The last name comes first when presenting Chinese names.

-Unrelated, but if you're gonna call a character (characters like Drew, Ethan, Mrs. Chase, Billie Ng etc.) Asian, at least specify which ethnic group. No one's gonna derive anything from you calling them just "Asian". There is no singular type of "Asian".

This is the largest continent we're talking about. And NO, it does not only contain Japan, China and Korea. For your own sake, go read a geography textbook. Actually, just look at a well-labelled world map and you'll get it. Don't be Addison Rae (no offence).

There are 48 countries here alone and they're all very different, wHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "JUST ASIAN".

(And no, saying that someone looks like a K-Pop idol does not automatically make them Korean. (Yes, this is about Billie Ng.) Especially since Ng is a Chinese last name (Cantonese transliteration).)

• THE "AMAZHANG" PUN

-"Zhang" is not pronounced as "zang". It has a completely different pronunciation.

-The "zh" is the nasal sound of "j" while rolling the tongue.

-The "a" is like a mix between "aa" and "uh" sound.

(Please feel free to correct us if we got it wrong.)

• LITERALLY ANY FANFIC WITH FRANK IN IT

Background character Frank™️ appeared. 

Background character Frank™ did not get his own personality. 

Background character Hazel™ met him. 

Background character Frank™ was only mentioned because his partner was mentioned.

They disappeared for the rest of the fanfic. 

Percabeth appeared into view. Background character Frank™️ and Background character Hazel™ waved furiously to get the focus on them once again. Their wish was not heeded. 

"Just once," said Frank. "Just one fanfiction that focuses on us."

"I know," said Hazel mournfully. "The author is annoying."

"We will have to go back to being a background ship with no development," Frank stated with sadness.

"I'm so sick of this. Let's just leave," said Hazel. And then they disappeared forever.

THE END

[We apologise for such a short chapter but to be fair, Frank has literally no content (which should be considered a crime against humanity, by the way).]