chapter ten

"Camille are you okay?" Jess questioned her.

She definitely wasn't okay, her boyfriend and sister had kissed.

"yesterday he told me that he loves me." She sobbed. "today, he told me that he likes her."

"who, Camille, who?"  Jess asked her.

He had his hands on her shoulders and was searching her face for some kind of reading.

"Dean." answered. "he likes Rory, he kissed her."

"but you two are dating." Jess was confused.

"I just broke up with." Camille informed him before she sat on a bench in the town square. "I just broke up with him."

"you did the right thing Camille." Jess sat down next to her. "he kissed Rory while he was still with you, that's pretty shitty."

"they're going to date." the blonde assumed. "and then i'll have to see him all the time if he does."

"you might have to move out then." the dark haired boy made a joke. "we could runaway"

Camille laughed and wiped her cheeks.

"I feel so stupid." She hiccuped. "I always vowed to never be one of those girls who cries when their boyfriend breaks up with them and here I am."

"you're justified." Jess told her. "technically, your boyfriend didn't break up with you."

"why are you here Jess?" Camille questioned him. "we haven't known each other long snd you hate everyone so why are you here with me."

"I can't just let a pretty girl cry can I?" he asked. "it's not very gentlemen-like."

"I can't go back home tonight." she sighed. "i'm gonna have to sleep in Miss Patty's studio."

"you can't do that." Jess objected.

"I can." Camilled argued.

"i'll stay with you then." he offered. "incase anyone tried to murder you."

"what if you're saying that so you can murder me?" she theorised. "you said when we first met that I was your next victim."

"why haven't I killed you yet?" Jess asked.

"because, you've been seen around me a lot. everyone would know that it was you." she answered. "or i'm so irresistible, you fell in love with me and don't want to kill me but you have to kill me otherwise a gang leader is going to kill you but your debating whether your death is worth it if I get to live or if we should change our identities and runaway to Paris."

"your first prediction was right." Jess laughed.

Camille yawned, she was tired — especially after her Ballet session.

"you should get home." Jess advised her.

"I can't." She refused. "i'm too scared, incase they're together."

"it isn't for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for that long uphill climb back to sanity and faith and security." Jess quoted.

"gift from the sea." Camille stated the book that Jess quoted from.

he nodded.

"you may break down whenever you see them together but you will get the courage to recover." he smiled at her.