chapter three

"Hey Cam, just to let you know some people are coming over soon." Lorelai informed Camille.

"Why?" The blonde questioned.

"It's a welcoming party for Luke's nephew." The woman answered.

"I'll go get changed then." Camille suggested.

"Are you going to ask Dean to come?" Lorelai questioned the girl.

"He's working." Camille replied.

Camille went upstairs to her bedroom. She opened the wardrobe and started looking for clothes. She chose a white, floral dress with a pink cardigan and white frilly socks.

Once she had gotten changed, she brushed out her hair and applied a bit of lip gloss.  She heard a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." She called out.

Camille opened the door, it was Sookie and Jackson.

"Hello." She welcomed them. "Come in."

"How are you Camille?" Sookie asked the blonde.

"I'm good, how are you two?" Camille questioned in response.

"We're great." Jackson replied.

Lorelai walked into the room.

"All you're stuff is in the kitchen when your ready to start cooking." She told the couple.

***
Rory and Camille were sitting in Rory's room.

"I'm gonna go to the toilet." Rory announced. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." Camille smiled.

Rory walked out of the room and Camille started reading a book that Rory had on her shelves.

"Wow, aren't we hooked on phonics?" A familiar voice startled Camille.

"They're Rory's." Camille informed him. "My room's upstairs."

"You live here?" Jess questioned.

"Yep." Camille nodded.

"So what? Are you and Rory sisters or-." The boy started.

"Umm no actually, we're not related." Camille interrupted him.

"How come you live here then?" Jess asked.

"A long story, you don't want to know." Camille mumbled. "Do you read?"

"Not much." Jess muttered as he took a book off the shelf.

"That's my book." The blonde blurted out. "I leant it to Rory, she never gave it back."

"Do these open?" Jess inquired, gesturing to the windows.

"Yeah, you have to unlatch them and push." Camille instructed.

"Great, shall we?" Jess asked.

"Shall we what?" Camille questioned.

"Bail." Jess answered.

"Umm, well, I..." Camille trailed off.

She didn't know what to do. She could stay at a party which she thought was boring or she could sneak out with a stranger.

"There's nowhere to go." She told him, not answering his offer. "The twenty four hour mini mart closed twenty minutes ago."

"We can walk around a bit or sit in a bench and stare at our shoes." The dark haired boy joked.

"I don't know you." Camille pointed out. "Why would I sneak out with you?"

"Because you have nothing better to do." Jess edged closer to her. "You were sitting in here reading, everyone else is out there."