chapter nine

"I hope you have a great time." Camille waved off Lorelai, Christopher, Rory and Dean.

She wasn't going to the ball because she knew that Emily was going to be there. Instead she was going to hang out at Luke's with Lane.

She was dressed in a white slip dress with a black jacket that had fur around the neck and sleeves and black knee high boots. She wore the golden locket that her mother left for her. She brushed out her hair and then left.

When she got to Luke's, Lane was already there.

"Have they left?" Lane asked her.

"yeah, they won't be back until later tonight." She informed her friend.

"What do you two want?" Luke questioned them.

"I'll have a burger with fries and coke." Lane requested.

"i'll have a just fries with coke." Camille placed her order.

"I'll be back with the cokes." Luke told them.

"Aren't you scared of something happening between Dean and Rory?" Lane asked.

"no." Camille shook her head. "why would I be?"

"I'm guessing Rory hasn't told you." Lane assumed.

"told me what?" Camille inquired.

"Don't tell her that I told you but she told me that she likes Dean." Lane confessed.

"I... she... Dean." Camille spluttered.

Luke came to the table with the girls' cokes.

"What's up with you?" He asked Camille. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"I.. umm, I have to go, Lane." She managed to say as she got money out of her purse and put it on the table.

***

After two agonising hours at home, Camille couldn't focus on the tasks she was trying to do to distract herself. She needed something, anything. She got changed into her Ballet clothes and went to Miss Patty's.

She started the music and ran through the routine that her mother did to get into The Juilliard School of Dance. She would be using this routine for her audition.

Once the music finished, she played it again. This time however, she made sure that it was on a loop so that she could run through the routine without stopping.

Two hours in and she was on the verge of shutting down. She pushed herself more and more. She was going past her limit but she couldn't stop. It was the perfect distraction. All she was thinking about was what move came next.

"Camille." Someone called out.

Camille ignored this, she carried on pushing herself through the routine even though it was visible that she was close to collapsing.

"Camille." A different voice was saying this.

The music turned off. At the door, Rory and Dean were standing.

Camille sat down on on the bench where her bag was. She was breathing in and out heavily due to exhaustion and her body was shaking.

"We have something to tell you." Rory announced.

They looked guilty.

"Rory and I." Dean started. "We umm..."

"We kissed." Rory blurted out.

Camille's heart was thudding but now it felt as if it had stopped completely. There was little air in her lungs, she felt the last bit pour out of her. She was dizzy and couldn't focus but now the Earth was centred.

"Say something please." Dean begged.

"who kissed who?" she asked.

"That doesn't matter." Rory brushed off.

"yes it does. if you kissed Dean, i'll be mad at you. if Dean kissed you, i'll be mad at Dean." Camille explained.

"I kissed her." Dean sighed.

"But I kissed him back and I feel really really bad, i'm so sorry." Rory apologised.

Camille looked at Dean, her ocean blue eyes were full of tears.

"do you like her?" Camille questioned him.

He didn't answer her.

"do you like her?" the blonde repeated.

"Fine, yes I do." He answered. "I didn't want to say anything to you."

"you should have told me." Camille shouted at him. "now look whats happened, i've never shouted at you before but he I am."

Rory was silent throughout all of this.

"i'm this i obvious but Dean i'm breaking up with you." She cried. "I hope you two are happy together."