Chapter 49 - Abigail

I was back at the house, where it all started. This time all my belongings weren't broken, and everything was in its given place.

A knock sounded at the door, averting my attention from the décor. I start to waddle to the door, my bump seeming much bigger than usual. As I place my hand on the knob, the bell starts to incessantly ring. The sound bounced off the walls.

"Alright! I'm coming!" I yell, unlocking the door.

Fear takes over my body as I take in who is on the other side.

"I believe we have some unfinished business." Pavel drawls, taking out his gun and positioning it directly at my stomach.

"Please don't do this," I beg, slowly stepping backwards.

"You're baby daddy is the reason to blame for this."

The bullet shoots out of the gun, piercing through my stomach. A shrill scream leaves my throat and I clutch my stomach, hoping that it would stop the bleeding.

Blood was quickly starting to coat the floors and walls, the crimson red clashing with my decoration. The world was becoming incredibly hazy, and the energy was slowly leaving my body.

The sadistic laugh of Pavel could be heard in the distance, the laugh getting further and further away from me.

"My baby," I whisper, watching the blood gush out of the wound. Watching their unfair end.

I wake with a start, a scream erupting out of my throat. My hands instantly grabbed hold of my stomach. No open wound was present nor was there any blood anywhere.

"What's wrong?" Duke panics, also grabbing my stomach, checking for any signs of damage.

"Just a bad dream." I try to hold in my composure.

"That wasn't just a bad dream Abbie, you're drenched in sweat." He concerns, placing the back of his hand over my forehead. "You're burning up too."

"I'm sorry. I'll go and sleep in my old bedroom." I start to shuffle out of bed.

"Don't go." Duke clamps his hand against my wrist, making me wince in the process. "Shit, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I at least need to shower though."

I could feel the sweat dripping down my back and the feeling repulsed me. It was going to be a difficult task with my now bigger bump, but I couldn't go back to sleep like this.

"Then I will help you." Duke stands up and grasps me around my back and under my legs. Hoisting me into his arms.

He gently sets me down onto the bathroom counter, pressing a gentle kiss to my bump. Making my heart swell.

"Did you find out the gender?" He asks, turning the shower on.

"No, it didn't feel right without you there."

A small smile tugs at his lips. "How far along are you?"

"I'm not sure anymore. I lost count after Pavel took me, I haven't even had an ultrasound in such a long time."

Guilt claws at my chest. I had been so worried about my own safety and getting out of Pavel's clutches that I had neglected my child. I didn't even know how far along I was anymore along with how my baby was. I was well and truly a terrible parent.

"Hey." Duke snaps me out of my thoughts. "I know exactly what you're doing, and you need to stop it now. We'll go for an ultrasound and check-up in the afternoon."