25

I walked to the mailbox after eating breakfast. As I walked back into the house, I read who this particular letter was from. Juliard.

I dropped all the other letters and quickly opened this one.

I skimmed through until I saw this word. Accepted. I was mentally screaming, my heart racing rapidly.

But what about Matt? My soon to be family. I can't just leave them like that.

"Hey babe," Matt said snaking his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead. "Is everything alright?" He asked noticing my facial expression.
"I got into Juliard," I said.
"That's great!"
"No, Matt. It's not. That means once I have the baby I would have to leave you guys," I sighed and walked away.

I layed in my bed, thinking. Juliard is my dream school, and they accepted me. I can't just give it up, but I also just can't give up everything at home. Maybe they'll just move to New York with me? No that's too hard.

I groaned in frustration. There was a light knock on the door.

"Honey, can I come in?" It was my mom.
"Yea." I answered.

"Mom. I need help." I pleaded.
"Anything," she said.
I explained to her what was wrong. She pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair.

"That's a hard decision. But that also depend on Matt. You guys just have to decide on one thing." She advised me.
"Thanks mom." I said.

She kissed my forehead and walked out.

What am I going to do?

"Matt. Would you be willing to move to New York? Leaving behind family and friends?" I asked playing with my fingers.
"I would love to move to New York but I can't leave my family and friends." He said.
"It's just that... Juliard has always been my dream. It's a once in a lifetime chance. I don't wanna turn it down. But we have a baby and I can't leave you or anybody. It's just too hard." I sighed.
"We'll figure this out. Don't worry," he assured me, pulling me into a hug.

Later that day, I came to a decision. I emailed Juliard that I'm not going. That I can't leave my friends and family across the country.

A few minutes later they responded. They said they completely understand, and that there's always going to be a spot for me. I smiled and closed my laptop.

"Em! Get dressed we have to go to court!" Cam yelled from upstairs.

I went upstairs and put on a dress with some flats. My parents officially get divorced today. Yay...

"Did you have an affair?" The judge asked my dad.
"Yes. My wife and I got into an argument, so I went to a club and found Natalia. She's way better than Gina will ever be," my said said confidently.

Gosh, why does my dad have to say things like that. He acts like she's a teenager and he can cheat on anybody with anybody.

~after court~

my dad came up to me after trial.

"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yea." I lied.
"Your lying. Tell me what's wrong."
"What's wrong is you! You go around sleeping with women like its nothing! Did you only marry mom because she was pregnant with Sierra then me and Cam? You are a cold hearted jerk!" I screamed and walked away.
"Em. Wait!" He grabbed my arm causing me to turn around
"Don't call me Em. I'm not your daughter anymore." I said yanking my wrist from his grasp.

Tears fall slid down my cheek. The world became blurry, and my head became dizzy. I wobbled, and fell to the ground. Net thing I knew, the world went black.

MATTS POV

Cam called saying Emily passed out after trial. I hurried to my car and drove above the speed limit.

I arrived at the hospital and saw Cameron with his mom beside him.

"How is she?" I asked.
"Her doctor said she'll be okay. She passed out from stress." Cam informed me. I sighed of relief.

I walked to Emily's room. I say besides her bed and held her hand. I let go of her hand and placed a hand on her stomach.

"You alright in there baby girl?" I said. I know she probably can't hear me but whatever.

I kissed her stomach and forehead.

"My two girls in the hospital. Why?" I repeatedly asked myself why. Why couldn't I have gotten hurt? Why wasn't I there with her? Just why?

_______________

This was a boring chapter. Sorry! 😁✌️