Epilogue

•third person pov•

Everything that happened in her dream became reality. She explained her dream to everyone, but they all thought she was crazy.

She attended therapy, and took a test for a mental illness. She was still the same. Over time people began to believe her. Emily would tell them what would happen next, and it happened.

She prevented her parents from getting a divorce, her many breakups with Matt, Jack G from leading her on, Sierra from hating her, Maggie from pregnancy, her marriage to become a disaster, Avery and Cameron from death, and other things.

She also had no choice but to let things happen. Emily couldn't control her memory loss, the house burning down, her pregnancy with Avery, and her lung cancer.

Her and Matt once again got lost in the woods, but it wasn't as scary this time. She knew her cancer would come, and Matt would die. Once she woke up after surgery, she already knew what happened.

She bursted into tears. It hurt more than her dream because it was reality. She knew to not meet Derek afterwards, too.

After all of her dream had happened, the rest of her life was unknown. She had gotten used to knowing what's going to happen after this and that.

What happened was, she never found love again. She felt Matt was the only one for her. Everyone set up blind dates for her, but she never liked any of them. Not because they were rude or anything. It's because they weren't Matt.

She lived everyday with Avery and all of her friends like it was her last. She tried her hardest to forget Matt. Nothing seemed to work.

Avery always asked about her father. Kids would make fun of her at school because she only had a mom. She absolutely hated it.

Avery grew up and took care of Emily. One day, Emily had trouble breathing just like she did when she was lost in the forest with Matt. Turns out, her lung cancer had returned. It was more severe than the first time it appeared. She only had a few months to live.

Avery was there with Emily every step of the way. Avery had married an heir of a large company a few months before Emily was in the hospital. He treated her like Matt treated Emily.

Emily died on the hospital bed with her hand holding the ring Matt proposed to her with.

*in heaven*

"Matt!" Emily screamed out.
"E-Em-Emily?" He said popping out of thin air. They pulled into a tight hug.

"Matthew Lee Espinosa without you, I realized. I can't be just a friend to you. Matt I need you. I need you more than ever," Emily sobbed into Matt's chest.
"I need you more than ever too Emily Amanda Dallas,"Matt said cupping Emily's face. Soon, the air between their lips vanished. They were able to feel each other once again.