36

"How is she?" I asked the doctor once he got out of the testing room.
"Nothing bad happened. Her cuts weren't severe and there were only a little. She passed out because of so much stress," he informed me. I sighed of relief.
"Thank you so much!" I said hugging him.
"Okay boy," he said patting me on the shoulder.

Emily's eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked around dazed and confused.

"Who are you?" She asked.
"Not again," I sighed.
"I'm kidding," she chuckled.
"I would totally hit you if we weren't in a hospital," I said
"Okay little boy," she said patting the top of my head.
"Did you learn from the doctor?" I asked, and she laughed and shook her head.

The room became silent. I grabbed her arm gently and looked closely at her cuts. I hated the thought of her cutting.

There were already starting to fade. I looked at her, and she turned her face as if she was embarrassed.

"Why?" I asked.
"I don't know. I- I just- I can't handle losing my brother and my daughter so soon," she said as a tear slid down her face.
"But I'm here," I said trying to comfort her.
"I know," she sighed.

"Matt. I still love you," she blurted.
"I will always love you Em. And my love for you will never stop," I smiled. Every word is true.
"But you don't understand. Matt, I can't love you," she said. I have her a confused look.

"I can't love you. Every time we try to work out, things end up bad. I don't want to get hurt again, and I don't want you to be heartbroken. You're my best friend and I can't stand seeing you sad," she said. More tears stated to flow out of her eyes.

I thought to myself for a bit. Every word she said was true.

"Em, you and I. That's the meaning of love. Nothing's impossible if it's you and me. I just want to be with you," I said. She leaned in and kissed my softly but meaningfully.
"I will always love you. But we are and always will be just friends," she said as she rested her forehead against mine.

The doctor let Emily get discharged after her checkups. I signed the paper, and we exited out of the hospital door.

"I hate hospitals. The food is disgusting like cafeteria food, and we have to wear those ugly gowns," Emily said as we exited.
"You look cute in those hospital gowns," I chuckled.
"Those gowns remind me of when I was having Avery," she said. Her smile turned into a slight frown.

"Come on. We can always have another one," I smirked.
"I said we're just friends," she said as we got to the car.
"Friends with benefits?" I asked furrowing my eyebrow.
"Whatever you want to think," she said getting to the car.

We got to our hotel, and Carter and Shawn were lying on the ground.

"What are you guys doing?" I chuckled.
"We're bored," they sighed.

"I'm here!" Hayes announced from behind me.
"Yes no one cares," Nash snapped.
"Snap snap. What's wrong?" Emily asked.
"Nothing," he said and walked off.

"I'm gonna go see what's wrong with him," I told everybody.

I walked into Nash's hotel room that was next door. The ground was covered with glass.

"Aye man. What's wrong?" I asked.
"Everything. Everything is wrong Matt! Cameron died. He was my brother and my best friend. Plus, My girlfriend decided to dump me for some dude who has 'a totally toned face' or whatever. I just can't take anymore!" He shouted.

As I was about to say something, the door opened slightly. Emily peeked her head through the crack she opened.

"Can I come in?" She asked. Nash nodded, and she made her way to the bed without stepping on glass.