37

"Mommy!" I heard. It sounded like Avery. I turned around and saw her running towards me.
"Baby!" I yelled opening my arms.

As she came closer, I tried to pull her into a hug. Once I tried to touch her, she vanished.

"Avery?" I called out. "Avery?!" I repeated. She was gone again.

"Em! Em wake up!" Matt said shaking me. I sat up quickly.
"It was just a dream," I said covered in sweat.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked, and I shook my head.
"Okay," he nodded. "Let's go back to sleep," he said putting his head back onto the pillow.

*next morning*

"Wake up!" Matt yelled scaring me.

I quickly sat up and looked at the time. It was only 7:26. I groaned and later back down.

"Emily!" He whined. I grabbed the pillow and covered my ears.
"Bitch," I heard him mumble.
"What did you say?" I asked defensively sitting up.

"It worked! You're up," he said grabbing my arm and pulling me out of bed.

I walked downstairs after brushing my teeth. I still had bed hair and my pajamas on, but who cares.

As we were about to start eating breakfast, there was a knock on the door. Everyone groaned and but down their utensils.

I got up and walked towards the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Layla with a child holding her hand.

"Uhh Matt," I stuttered. He walked towards me.
"Who is it?" He asked.
"Open the door," I said. He did as I said.

"L-Layla?" He said.
"Hey Matt," she sighed.
"Why are you here?" He asked sternly. Her eyes went towards the kid.
"Who does the kid belong to," Matt asked.
"You," she sighed.

"Why didn't you ever tell me!" He asked raising his voice.
"I- I didn't know what to do," she said.
"How old is he? What's his name?" Matt asked.
"He's 1. He was born May 30 at 11:49 in the morning, so his birthday just passed. His name is Brogan," she answered.

•MATTS POV•

Brogan. My son that I never knew about. We weren't even sexually active much.

"Why did you decide to show up today?" I asked as Emily walked away.
"I came last month, but then I realized you guys were on tour. I'm sorry," she seemed like she meant it.

I squatted down in front of the boy. He had lips and eyes like mine. His nose and hair color resembled to Layla. If seemed impossible.

"Are you sure he's mine?" I asked to make sure even though he looks like me. She nodded.
"Okay," I said not knowing what to say.

"I want him to stay with you guys for a while. You know. So he can get to know his dad," she said handing me a bag full of clothes and a smaller one full of toys. She grabbed the rest of his stuff and set it inside the house

"Guys this is Brogan," I said holding him. The guys looked at me with wide eyes.
"He's so cute!" Carter cooed. I chuckled, and he held Brogan.

"So how long is he here for?" Emily asked.
"I don't know," I shrugged.

•LAYLA POV•

I can't believe I just did that. My baby. Matt has the right to know. It is his child, but Brogan was the only one I had.

My phone rang, and I picked up the call.

"Did you get rid of him?" He asked.
"I can't. But I got rid of my son," I said on the verge of tears.
"That's not good enough! Do you want this money or not?!" He raised his voice.
"I need it," I sighed.
"Then kill him," he stated, then ended.