32

Matt's pov

I sat down in a chair inbetween Andrea and Taylor at the police station.

"Name please," the officer asked.
"Matthew Espinosa," I responded.
"What's your relationship with these two people,"
"They were my friends," I mumbled.

"Matt!" I heard Carter yell. I turned around to see everybody.
"I love you man! You didn't do anything wrong. We can get through this together!" Carter said over dramatically, pulling me into a hug.
"Hey! What about me?" Maggie asked tapping her foot.
"Ya you too," Carter said still hugging me. I chucked.

"Your free to go," the officer said.
"And what about the other two?" I asked.
"We have Taylor locked up with security guards with him 24/7 and Andrea will stay for 3 years," he said. I was relived.

"Come on guys we need to go to the hospital!" I shouted realizing what happened to Cameron and Emily.

"Emily Dallas," I said running into the front desk.
"Only family is allowed," she said not looking up.
"I am family," I lied.
"Okay room 30B," she said without a care. I ran to her room. I saw 31B. Cameron. He had tubes through his mouth. It looked awful.

I walked through the door to Emily's room.

"How is she?" I asked the doctor.
"No major damage to her body parts but she did get beat pretty badly around her head area," he said.

I sat down in the chair next to her bed. Why does everything bad happen to her? Why can't I be the one to get hurt? Why wasn't I there to protect her?

All these thoughts ran through my head. It made me go crazy. I screw up everything. I messed up our wedding and our relationship. I chocked back my tears. The door slid open, and it revealed Mrs.Dallas.

"Hey Mrs.Dallas," I said standing up.
"Hey Matt. How are you holding up?" She asked.
"I should ask you the same. Your her mom. Plus Cameron is in a critical condition, too,"
"I know they wouldn't be here for long considering all the crap they do," she joked trying to make the best of the situation. I nodded.

I walked out of the room and saw Sammy holding Avery.

"Hey man," He said.
"D-dada," Avery said. I was shocked. She said her first word. Sad thing is, Emily isn't here.
"My baby!" I quietly shouted, holding my arms out for Avery.

I walked back into Emily's room holding Avery tightly just in case she wants to go to Emily.

"M-mama?" She looked as if she knew what was happening.
"I'll take her. I know being in here is too much to handle," Mrs.Dallas said. I thanked her and walked into Cameron's room next door.

It hurt seeing one of my best friends so hurt. Because of me. Everything is because of me. And I can't go back into time to fix it.

I didn't know what to say. I sat there just staring at him. I caused this whole mess.

I saw his chest slowly stop moving up and down. The line on the monitor went straight.

"No! Cam!" I screamed. Doctors and nurses rushed through the door. The doctor turned on the shock pad. He shocked Cameron 4 times. Nothing.

Mrs.Dallas walked through the door with a worried look on her face.

"Sorry no one else is allowed in here," A nurse said to her.
"She's his mom. Let her in," I said.

She came up to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm worried Matt. Emily will wake up with the news that her brother died," she said while tears slipped out of her eyes.
"Sorry Mrs.Dallas. Your son is gone," the doctor informed us as the nurses covered Cam with the blanket.

CAMERON POV

I looked around my surroundings. Everything was white.

From a distance, I saw my grandparents. I thought they died?

"Grandma? Grandpa? Where am I. And how are you guys here?" I asked scared.
"Oh honey. Your dead," my grandma said. What?
"How?"
"Taylor shot you," my grandpa answered.
"What about my family. My friends?" I asked.

They pointed to the ground where I could see my covered body. Matt was comforting my mom. I looked over to the other room where Avery was crying in Maggie's arms. Emily's face was pale. So lifeless.

"What do i do? I need Emily to wake up. She has a daughter. Her daughter can't grow up without a mom!" I yelled.
"We can't do anything right now. Your grandma and I have only 1 more chance to send somebody back. We can send you back, but if she dies, she can't go back." My grandma explained.
"I almost died before, so it doesn't hurt to just be already dead," I said. I care about Em. Of course I will always watch over her.
"Are you sure?" My grandpa asked. I nodded.

EMILY POV

I fluttered my eyes open. My head hurt like hell. I slowly got up and saw Matt with my mom.

"Hey," I said weakly.
"Honey your okay!" My mom said coming up to me and hugging me tightly.
"Mom let go. My head hurts," I groaned. She apologized as I chuckled.
"Hey Em," Matt said.

"Hey. Who's the little girl?" I asked pointing to the little girl in his arms.
"You don't remember who this is?" Matt asked. I shook my head as a no.
"Emily, you have a daughter," he said.
"Me? Is it Sammys?" I asked. Why can't I remember?
"Sammy?"
"Yeah. He's my boyfriend so I would assume it's his. Although she looks like you,"

I heard the door creak open.

"Hey babe,"'I said to Sammy.
"Me? Babe? I'm Sammy," he said. I laughed.
"I know you are. Your my boyfriend," I said, confused.
"That's right," he smirked. Matts jaw dropped. He got up and carries my daughter with him.

"Can I hold her?" I asked him before he could get through the door. He nodded, walking towards me with her.
"What's her name?" I asked.
"Avery. Avery Rose," Matt said.
"Avery Rose Wilkinson. That's cute," I said. I looked at Avery and back up. Matt looked sad.
"What's wrong?" I asked
"Oh it's nothing. Imma get going. We have to um go to our next tour stop tomorrow morning," he stuttered.
"Okay bye," I said waving.

A doctor came in.

"Ahh I see your awake," the doctor said coming in.
"Doc, can I talk to you outside," my mom said. He nodded.

They came back into the room a few minutes later.

"Well Emily. You have amnesia. I don't exactly know when it'll come back at the moment, but tomorrow, we'll get a CT scan of your brain," he said. I nodded.

How can I have amnesia? What happened? Why am I even here? All these thoughts flew through my head. It's like I knew what was wrong but couldn't identify it. It make my headache worse.

"Mom can you take Avery. I'm tired," I said yawning. She nodded and grabbed Avery from my arms. With that, I fell asleep.