27

MATTS POV

I've decided. I'm going to propose to Emily. The baby made me realize how much I love her and how I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

The guys stayed with Emily while Maggie and I went to buy the ring. I just needed a girls opinion.

"How 'bout this one?" I asked Maggie showing her a 10 carat ring.
"No..." She sighed.
"Come one! That's the tenth ring I've shown you!"

"Need help sir?" A lady behind the counter asked.
"Yes. Please!" I pleaded.

She escorted me to the other side of the room where the more expensive rings were.

"How old is your girlfriend?" She asked.
"19," I said confidently.
"You guys are a little young aren't you?"
"Yeah, but I'm sure she's the one,"

The lady chuckled and pulled out a 14 carat ring.

"Its perfect," i said.

she smiled and we walked to the cash register. I payed and we headed back to the hospital.

I sat on the chair next to Emily's bed.

"Hey," she said flickering her eyes open.
"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you," I said. She chuckled.
"You did nothing wrong. So what's up?"

I grabbed her hand and gently kissed it.

"I love you so much, Em." I said. She looked confused.

I got off the chair and onto one knee. Her hands covered her mouth and her eyes watered. She sat up.

"I don't know where to begin. Emily, I love you so much I can't even explain. The first day I met you, I knew you were the one. But also, what did I know about love when we were so young. We've had our ups and downs. We're still young, so any thing could happen. The baby made me realize how much I love you and how I never want to lose you. So Emily Amanda Dallas, will you marry me?" I finished. Her hands uncovered her mouth.

"Yes!" She said with a huge smile on her face. She threw her arms around my neck. I could feel her tears drop onto my shoulder. We pulled apart and I kissed her, passionately.

We heard clapping. I looked towards the door to see the doctor and the guys.

"Well congratulations," the doctor said. I smiled as a thank you.
"So I came in here for? Oh! What did you plan on naming your baby girl?" She asked.

I looked over at Emily. We've never really thought about names, but I'll let her decide.

"Avery. Avery Rose Espinosa," she said with a smile. The doctor nodded and walked out of the room.
"I love it. Just like how I love you," i said, kissing her forehead.
"Cheesy much?" I heard Carter say.
"Shut up. You say the exact same thing to me," Maggie argued.

~a few days later~

EMILYS POV

Today I can finally leave the hospital! Don't get me wrong, I love the hospital because whenever you fart or poo the nurses clap for you. But I just want my bed and different food.

We entered the house. I feel like I haven't been here for years but really it's only been a few days.

I picked up Avery's car seat and started walking towards the stairs when Matt stopped me.

"Give her to me. You can't carry heavy things for a while," he said seriously.
"Matt, I'm fine," I said.
"Oh well."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. We walked into Avery's nursery room. A.K.A Sierra's old room. He placed her gently into the crib. She was asleep peacefully.

"She so cute," Matt cooed.
"And I still can't believe we made her," I said.
"You can thank me," he said playfully. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes, smiling.

It was late out, and Matt and I were exhausted. As I got comfortable in bed, I heard Avery cry through the baby monitor. I groaned getting up.

"Shhh. It's okay baby," I said rocking her in my arms. I placed a pacifier in her mouth as she slowly went to sleep.

Avery woke me up 5 times that night. I was exhausted. Mat helped, of course, but he kept falling asleep while standing up.

I walked downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Rough night?" She asked. I nodded."Imagine having twins. You and Cameron were a handful!"
"I've never been so tired I'm my life, mom. I thought parenthood was fun," I groaned.
"It'll get better," she smiled. I was walking away as I remembered something.

"Hey mom, did Matt ask you-"
"To marry you? Yes. And of course I said yes. He makes you happy and I want you to be happy forever," she finished. I smiled and walked into the living room.

Can was asleep on the couch and JJ on the other. I grabbed their pillows, and their head fell onto the arm of the sofa.

"What the hell Emily!" Cam yelled.
"Shhh! The baby is sleeping!" I said.
"Really? The baby is the reason I couldn't sleep last night," he rolled his eyes.
"Oh the reason you couldn't sleep? I woke up 5 times last night!"
"Enough you two," my mom said pointing her fingers at us.

I looked over at Jack. He seemed kind of under the whether lately.

"Hey what's up?" I asked sitting next to him.
"Jack and Sierra have been hanging out more. He's been blowing me off for her. She's coming in between our friendship. We can't even make music anymore," he said. I felt bad.
"Hey, cheer up! Who needs Jack when you have me!" He chuckled. "See! I make you smile. So forget Jack because he makes you frown," I added.

I walked to the kitchen to eat breakfast when I noticed that Matt hasn't come down yet. I jogged up the stairs and saw Matt cuddled up next to Avery. I took a picture then woke him up.

"Morning soon to-be-wife," he said in his morning voice.
"Come eat soon to-be-husband," I smiled at that thought.

Avery woke up after breakfast. Great timing! I don't have to do dishes! I fed her her bottle then layed her in her playpen. Maggie played with her.

"Do you ever wish your baby didn't die?" I asked her. She put Avery back in her playpen and sat up.
"Honestly, no. I wouldn't missed out on so many things. And besides it was too early. I'm only 16. Losing my baby was just a way of God telling me it's not time," she shrugged.

Matt and I met up with his parents. They wanted to plan our wedding.

"I want white doves and bright pink flowers on plain white table cloths and-" Matt cut his mom off.
"Shouldn't that be up to us?" He asked.
"Sorry it's just that that has always been my dream wedding so," she apologized.

My mom came over to discuss it with the Espinosa's. After their divorce, I've lost touch with my dad. I have no idea where he is or how he's doing, but maybe that's good.

We finished planning and finding the places to do it. The venue was outdoors in a garden. Looking at the pictures, it is beautiful.

"I love you," Matt said kissing me before we got into the car. I strapped Avery into her car seat.
"I love you, too," I said.

Little did I know, that was the last time I ever said that.