43

"Really?! I missed out on ALL of that?!" Sierra exclaimed as her eyes popped open.

The past hour and me and Maggie have been telling Sierra everything that happened when she wasn't here.

"Okay enough about us. Why are you here?" I asked finally.
"Jack left," she sighed.
"Why?" Maggie said.
"I honestly don't know. I just woke up this morning, and he wasn't there. I went into the bathroom, and there was a note taped to the mirror basically just saying that he's leaving for Omaha and never coming back," Sierra shrugged.

"Wow. So what about JJ? He literally just left his best friend," I realized, and she shrugged again.
"We need to tell Johnson," Maggie told us.
"What if he just leaves his life here too?" I said.

"Have you tried calling him?" I spoke.
"Yea. He changed his number. When I called him it said the number is so longer available,"Sierra said.
"I can ask my dad to look into this?" Maggie suggested.
"Don't. He obviously left for a reason. Just let him be," I said shaking my head.

"Just to be clear, the past hour and a half doesn't mean we're back to being best friends," I clarified to Sierra.
"I figured," she chuckled.

"That was so awesome!" Kenny yelled walking through the door.
"I know right!," JJ agreed.
"Sierra?" Shawn said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hey," She said standing up.
"Why are you here?" Hayes asked with a disgusted look on his face.
"Basically G left and he isn't coming back," she said fast, hoping JJ wouldn't comprehend it.

"seriously? He never told me," Johnson said. He looked at his feet and walked to his room.
"I'll go talk to him," I told everyone.

"Hey, Jack?" I said knocking on the door.
"Come in," he said. I could hear the sadness in his voice.
"Are you okay?" I asked even though I know He's not.
"No I'm not Emily. He is my best friend. I've known him since kindergarten. We her up together and got to where we are today together," he said wiping away his tears.

"Look on the bright side. You have a big group of friends that are always going to be there for you," I assured him.
"Thanks Emily," he said slightly smiling.
"Anytime J," I said hugging him before exiting the room.

"Is he okay?" Nash asked.
"Not currently, but I'm sure later he will," I answered.

"Where's Derek?" I realized.
"He said he wanted to get dropped off at his house. He only lives about 10 minutes away from here," Nash responded, and I nodded.

"Did any of you get hurt?" I asked curiously.
"No? Why? Did you expect us to come back all broken and bruised?" Kenny said raising one of his eyebrows.
"Well yea. Kinda,"I mumbled, and everyone started to laugh.

I walked up to my room and grabbed my laptop. I opened it and skyped Derek.

"Hey Emily," he smiled.
"Hey Derek," I smiled back. "Why didn't you stay?" I asked.
"Just figuring things out," he said looking around his room.
"Can I help?" I asked.
"No it's a surprise," he smirked.

"Oh! Is that Derek!" I heard from behind.
"What are you doing in here Sierra?" I asked in a non-rude way.
"Just looking around," she said slowly entering the room.
"You've lived here for a while. You know where everything is," I laughed.

"Oh one question. Why is my room like totally gone?" She asked.
"Well you took everything and left with Jack. Then when I was pregnant with Avery, I was going to turn your room into her nursery, but it just never happened," I explained.

"Wait you have a kid?" Derek asked surprised.
"Had," I corrected him. He had a confused look on his face. "She died," I said acting as if it was no big deal.
"Oh. I'm sorry," he apologized.
"It's okay," I said wiping the tear that threatened to flow out of my eye.