34

"Memory 6," I started.
"I wanna pick," Emily whined.
"Too bad. Now hush," I said putting his finger on my lips. "Lake hang out," I read.

'It was a sunny day and everyone was bored.

"Let's have a party guys. I'm bored," Emily whined.
"I'm up," Cameron agreed.

We set up a few blankets and a canopy. Everyone had already stripped and gone into the water.

"What are you doing?" I said hovering over Emily who was on one of the blankets tanning.
"Tanning so could you move? Your blocking the sun," she said motioning her hands for me to move.
"Nope your going in," I said picking her up bridal style.
"Matt!" She screamed while kicking her legs.

I threw her into the lake making sure she didn't hit the bottom of the lake.

"Matt!" She screamed again, but this time she was in horror. I looked over to where I threw her. She was no where in sight.
"Emily!" I said worried.
"I'm... Right... Here!" She said screaming, trying not to get any water in her mouth.

I quickly swam over to her. She wrapped her arms around my shoulder tightly. When we got back to safe ground, she bursted out laughing.

"What's so funny? Did the water get to your brain?" I asked.
"You totally fell for it!" She laughed holding her stomach. I gave her a confused look. "I was faking you idiot," she admitted.
"You got me worried for nothing," I scoffed.
"Aww you care," she cooed.
"I never said I didn't," I said

She stood up and pecked my lips before going back into the water.'

"Why didn't Sam save me?" She questioned.
"He wasn't there," I lied.

I didn't tell her about us kissing either. She just seems happy again with Sammy, and I don't want her happiness to go away. Let go what you love.

"You're lying," she glared at me.
"N-no I'm not," I stuttered.
"Yea you are. You always-" I got cut off by avery's crying through the baby monitor. I stood up quickly to go get her.

"Dada," she cried putting her arms up for me to pick her up.
"Shhh. We can't let mama know," I said trying to quiet her.

EMILY POV

"Dada," I heard Avery cry.
"Shhh. we can't let mama know," I heard Matt's voice through the baby monitor. Let me know what?

I heard footsteps walking towards my way. I looked up pretending not to know anything.

"Let's go out today. Together," I suggested.
"Sure why not," he smiled.

I buckled Avery in her car seat and sat in the passenger seat as Matt jogged over to the drivers seat.

"So where to?" He asked putting the key into the keyhole.
"Wherever," I shrugged.

We drove to Times Square because it was only a few minutes away. Matt unbuckled Avery out of her car seat. She clung onto him like a koala.

"Why didn't you tell me about us," I blurted.
"What?" He asked shocked.
" why didn't you tell me about you and me. Us. Our small family," I pleaded.
"Let's go to the restaurant first," he answered.

We walked out of the parking lot and into the restaurant. We got seated, and I immediately started talking wanting to know answers.

"So why," I asked.
"You seemed happy with Sammy and I didn't wanna break your happiness okay!" He raised his voice.
"I had the right to know! If I never had gotten my memory back, I would've lived my life not knowing that Avery was yours!" I raised my voice back at him.
"Are you sure you lost your memory?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
"Do you really think I'm that low?" I said trying not to let my emotions get the best of me.

The waiter took our order, and Matt and Avery went to the bathroom.

"Hey pretty lady," a random dude said sitting next to me.
"Bye ugly boy," I said to him.
"Ohh playing hard to get? I like those type of girls," he said as he hit his lip.

"Hey! Don't talk to her," I heard Matt's voice.
"Oh and who are you?" The guy asked.
"I'm her boyfriend," he lied.
"And what are you gonna do about me touching your 'girlfriend'?" He asked.
"This," Matt said letting go of Avery's hand and punching the guy in the face.

The guy swung back, which caused me to flinch, but Matt ducked. He beat the guy to the ground until he had blood gushing out. We ended up being kicked out of the restaurant.

"Why did you do that," I said sternly.
"He was obviously asking for a fight with his words," he said in a duh time. I rolled my eyes.

"Shit. Where's Avery?" I said coming to realization.

Matt and I rushed back into the restaurant. She wasn't there.

"Avery!" I called out, my voice shaky.
"Avery!" Matt shouted.
"Matt what if something bad happened to her?" I asked letting all the worst case scenarios get to my head.
"She'll be okay," he said pulling me into a hug.
"You don't know that," I whispered.

We spent all night looking around New York looking for her. Nothing.

"Matt what if we really lost her? What if we can't find her? It's all my fault," I said as tears slipped down my cheek.
"It's not your fault. If anything, it's my fault. I'm the one who let go of her hand to fight some dude I didn't even know," he said stroking my hair.

"Call 9-1-1," I said. They usually say you have to wait 24-hours, so I didn't bother earlier.

Matt dialed 9-1-1, and they said they just sent 2 officers to help find her.

He pulled up to the apartment buildings, and led me to my apartment.

"Let's rest Em. You need some rest," he told me.
"How can I sleep when I know that my child could be hurt, or lost, or possibly dead right now," I said sternly.

Tears continuously ran down my face. I couldn't bare the fact that my daughter, who is not even 1 years old yet, is somewhere by herself.

Matt carried me bridal style to bed. He later down, and I layed my head on his chest. Next thing I knew, I was sound asleep.

_____________________
The next chapter is gonna be good😈