28

It's finally Matt and I's wedding day! We've spent 3 months planning. It seems like it was rushed, but we managed.

Matt and his family arrived at the venue a few minutes later than me and my family. My bridesmaids were Maggie and Andrea. Matt's groomsmen were Carter and Cameron. I remember when Sierra and I always used to talk about matt and I getting married. Well its the big day and we aren't even friends.

"Can I come in?" I heard from the other side of the door.
"No! Seeing the bride before it all ruins the day!" Andrea screamed before I can say anything.

"Okay! Let's get you girls changed," my mom said.

She grabbed my wedding dress. It was an all white, strapless, poofy dress. (Picture at the top) I put it on and the specialists put on my veil.

"Wow Em. You look perfect," my mom complimented. I smiled in return.

As the specialists did my hair and makeup, Maggie and Andrea got into their bridesmaids gown. They just curled their hair and did a little more makeup than usual.

Matt's family walked in.

"Wow! Emily you look so pretty!" Matts mom said.
"Wow... I wish I could look as pretty as you!" Kristen said.
"Then get out of the house and meet a man," Matts dad said. I laughed.
"Thanks guys!" I said.
"I feel honored to walk you down the isle," matts dad said. I smiled and turned around to let the specialist finish my makeup.

We all finished getting ready. I just wanted to marry Matt already.

The time was getting closer and closer. I grew nervous. The door opened.

"hi hun," it was my dad.
"Who invited you?" I asked rudely.
"I did," my mom spoke.
"Why?"
"I know you may not like him right now, but he's your father. He's walking you down the isle like it should be."
"Mom! He hurt all of us. Matts dad was more of a father to me than he ever was. He can be here, but he isn't walking me down the isle,"
"Em. I'm your father. And I'm sorry for everything that I've done but-" my dad said.
"There's no 'buts'. Okay? It's my day and I want to walk down the isle with a dad that cares," I said. I slammed the door on him and sat back down with a pounding headache. 'Please don't let him ruin my day' I thought.

I put on my shoes and ran out the door. I can't do this. Just not right now. We just had a baby, my dad refuses to leave, and I just can't take any more.

As I was running, I ran into matts dad.

"Hey Emily. Were you looking for me? Is it about to start?" He asked.
"Yea I was looking for you. Let's go!" I lied, smiling to make it seem real.

I walked through the doors of the venue, arm in arm with matts dad. I lifted my head up. All the attention was on us. Matt wasn't standing where he was supposed to. I looked around the room and he was no where in sight.

I walked into matts dressing room to see if he was in there. And he was. He was making out with Sierra. He pulled away, his eyes wide open.

"I can't believe you," I cracked. I ran away crying,

I sat on the curb around the corner. Tears stained my pretty white dress. I took off my heels and threw them angrily.

"Emily!" I heard Matt yell. He ran towards me. "Why did you run away?" He asked cluelessly.
"Seriously Matt? It's our wedding day and I walk onto you kissing my ex-bestfriend who is engaged! Marriage is about trust, and I can't trust you if you just keep going around kissing girls." I sobbed.
"Em you ran away without letting me explain. It's not what you think it was," he said.
"Explain what Matt! You know what I think? I think we just weren't meant to be," more tears rolled down my eyes.
"She kissed me! She must've gotten into a fight with Jack, and she knew that you would be mad if she came to me. She kissed me and I tried pushing her away at first, but then I stupidly kissed her back. I'm so sorry Emily," his eyes were bloodshot read.
"Sorry isn't going to cut it this time," I got up and walked away.

I got to the venue, and My family along with Matts family were standing there worried. My mom pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"I thought you got hurt!" She told me while stroking my hair.
"I am hurt mom," I said as tears formed again. She pulled away.
"Where?" She asked checking me. I pointed to my heart.
"Oh gosh. What did Matt do?" His mom asked. I explained to them everything.

"I'm going to kill him," Cam said clenching his jaw.
"Cam, please don't," I said.
"Why wouldn't I?! He hurt my sister!" He yelled. His eyes shifted from me to something straight ahead. I turned around to see a tear-stained face in a black tux.

MATTS POV
I have no idea why I would kiss Sierra. I messed up big time.

I slowly walked back to the venue. I saw Cam with his hands in a fist. I knew what was happening next.

He made his way towards me. His fist came in contact with the side of my face. He pushed me onto the ground and continued throwing punches at me. I didn't bother to try fighting back. I deserve this.

His mom pulled him off of me. I got up weakly.

Everyone left. It was just my family and Emily's family. Maggie and Carter offered to babysit Avery for today.

There was silence at the table. Then my mom spoke up.
"Why, Matt? You've loved Emily for as long as I could remember. Today's the day when you marry the girl you love, or shall I say loved, and you just screw it," she said
"I don't know why I kissed her back. And I felt nothing." I said.
"Look Matt. Maybe we weren't meant to be. Im just a friend to you, just as you are just a friend to me." Emily spoke. She got up and walked out the door. I ran after her.

"Are you sure?" I asked holding back my tears. She nodded as a tear slipped down her cheek. She gave me one last kiss.
"Goodbye Matt," she said while walking away.

As soon as she out of sight, I broke down. I've never bawled so hard. Kristen came out and patted me on the back.

"Look Matt. Maybe she's right. You guys have been friends forever and dating is different from being close friends." She said. She pulled me into a meaningful hug.

After that day, nothing has been the same.