Long Nights And Bear Bottles

2. Long Nights And Bear Bottles

 ____________________________________________________

It was one of those rainy nights, The ones where people got drunk and went on rampages. Bad things happened while other people stayed in bed and had no clue to what was happening.

This was one of those nights.

Mikage yawned and wondered who in the world would be beating on his door at this hour of the night. He didn't understand it himself, All he knew was they better have a good explanation.

They even woke Tomoe up, who was walking down the stairs with his messy white hiar tossed about in tangles. He glared at the front door as if it was another yokai and Mikage chuckled through his own annoyance.

The blond god walked over to the door and pulled it open; only to be shocked.

Gwen was standing there with a small bag.

"Gwen?" Mikage asked out of concern.

This caught Tomoe's attention and the teen froze on the staircase. He quickly walked up behind Mikage, His ears twitching. He looked confused but also worried. This was his best friends mom. Where was Nanami?

Gwen looked up and swiped her lip, only letting Mikage see the blood trailing along with her wet hair.

"He did it again, And I couldn't take it." She muttered quietly.

Tomoe looked at Mikage confused, Who did what? Nanami never told him about any hims and whos; and she told him everything. Or at least.. Thats what he thought.

Realization hit him, He didn't let Nanami see his weak side.. What made him think he saw hers? He swallowed the clud of confusion and Mikage nodded.

He knew didn't he?

The god let her walk in and Tomoe blinked. Nanami was standing behind her mother; She looked fine expect for a few brusies. He swallowed his relief and then ground his teeth when she limped up to him, a ghost of a smile was planted on her face.

"Hey.." She said quietly and Tomoe stared at her. He didn't know what to do. This was his best friend, she knew everything about him; but at this time he didn't know what to do for her.

He hated this feeling.

It was like the day his mother died, he was alone and didn't know what to do. He saw she was hurt but what was a friend supposed to do? Shove her like always? Tell her she weighed to much? He teased her just like she did him; But now?

His breath was catching in his throat at the sight of her.

She looked down and winced, " Sorry, Did we wake you? I know you like your sleep.." She muttered and Tomoe paused.