I Don't Want to Talk to You

43. I don't Want to Talk to You

_____________________________________

Ringing, His phone was ringing at a time like this..

Mikage cursed as he searched through his bag; his hand firmly on the stearing wheel. He was looking at every downtown alley he could; every place he thought Tomoe would go; the park, the theatre. The gravesite was closed and the amusment park was shut down becasue of the cold weather.

The father swore; he was not pulling over to answer his stinkin phone! His fingers grasped the metal object as he looked and sped down the streets in his black car. The street lights bounced off of it and reflected the numous neon lights.

The god was panicked..

His son had said such words to him. Mikage ran a hand through his hair as the phone went silent. Crap, he missed it. He ground his teeth as he looked at the street. Nothing; just a bunch of hubluims running around.

He had told Tomoe something so cruel; it had slipped. Why would he mean something like That? Tomoe was his son; his pride and joy.. He wasn't his mother; he was himself. The god cursed as a red light stopped him.

He didn't have time for this! His heart was beating with panic... His hand gripped Tomoe's rubber band and he tried not to cry and release his panic. He gripped it and entwined it in his hand. He breathed in and tried to think straight...

His son said something like that.. He said he was going to die. Mikage shook his head as the road grew blurry. Curses flowed through his head and he only released a few as stop signs came into view.

He looked at his passenger seat and swallowed..

'Hey Daddy?'

Mikage blinked as his thoughts rushed back to that day.. he remembered it. He was so proud of it.. He was proud of him; his stomach twisted in pain. Oh god; he remembered that day.

_____________________________________

Flashback

Tomoe: 7

_____________________________________

"Hey Daddy?"

Mikage paused and looked at the passenger seat; he had told Tomoe he wasn't old enough yet but there he was sitting there anyway. The god chuckled as Tomoe stared out the window and blinked; his violet eyes seemed to be somewhere completely different.. As if he wasn't there.

'Hum?" Mikage hummed in a sing song way, he kept his eyes on the road except for an occasional glance towards his son. The little kitsune squirmed in his seat and he paused.

"Will school be fun?" A pout formed on his little mouth and the god smiled.

'Of course, why wouldn't it be? Kurama and Mizuki will be there.. Well.." He paused, " Mizuki will be there when he's old enough. Why?" He looked at Tomoe for a moment and then back at the road.

'Because.." Tomoe paused and the sighed, " I look different; don't you think?" His ears flattened and Mikage winced. He knew very well he looked different; but that was because he was a Yokai child with a gods blood running through his veins.

"Your special.." Mikage smiled slightly, " You have something that no one elase has; everyone is like this. We all have our hidden talents, Tomoe." He sighed and Tomoe pulled at his school uniform. He pouted and then looked at Mikage with wide eyes.

" What if its scary?" He pouted and Mikage grimaced. So that was it.. He smiled and reached his hand over. He patted Tomoe's head and sighed.

" It will be scary at first; but then that fear will dwindle...Do you know what I mean?" He asked lightly.