Its Addicting

27. Its Addicting

_____________________________________

Tomoe watched his red blood wash out into the sink, His eyes were glazed over in complete nothingness. His heart was slowly beating as his hair fanned his face as he stared at his little work of art.

He drew on his skin... He drew on it with his own claws, And he let the pain and lifeline flow out into a drain.

Finally Tomoe bit his lip as pain surged through his arm. The school bell rang through his ears and his chest lifted with panic. If someone saw him doing this? He would be expelled or worse..

The fox put his arm under the water without thinking and suddenly screamed out in pain. The water was warm and it stung like fox-fire. He ground his teeth and yanked his arm out quickly. He grabbed a paper towel and then gasped when he heard people coming.

This was his first time doing something so harsh to himself; but for some reason.. After he did it? All he could focus on was the pain in his arm, and not the pain around him. Everything was okay for a split second..

Or at least thats what he thought. He knew that what he was doing wasn't taking away his problems or his pains; it was just dulling it until his arm would heal up. Then he would feel it again.

Tomoe swallowed as he ran into a bathroom stall and shut the door. He sunk down on the floor as people filed in and then left; yacking to themselves about how great their lives were.

The fox breathed out and looked down at his arm. The bleeding had almost stopped and he notcied that he was careful enough not to get anything on his white shirt. He breathed out and then grabbed another paper towel. He wrapped his arm firmly until he could make it home; then he pulled his long sleeves down and buttoned them so that no one would notice.

He hoped he didn't run into Mizuki or Kurama; They would know something was wrong.

His body was shaking and he was jittery at the pain. His mind was all on what he did; Maybe he was in shock? He wasn't sure anymore.

Tomoe stood slowly and opened the stall, He stepped out and them looked at the bathroom mirror. It was the broken one and all he notcied was how his reflection was broken and torn into pieces..

Just like how he was on the inside; and now?

He was like that on the outside too.. He slashed his skin and tore it in a piece. He swallowed and shuddered. He rubbed his wrist through his shirt and winced at the feeling..

This feeling was..

Addicting..

Because, He could feel something other then rejection and reality. He felt pain in his body but at least it took away the thoughts of his father. This feeling was a little too addicting, It was scaring him..

More than he liked to admit.

_________________________________________

Tomoe slammed the door to his house and ran a hand through his hair as his school bag slipped to the ground with a thud; his eyes were wide and his skin was pale. He had been thinking about what he had done..

'My father won't even see it."

Tomoe shook his head and tried to get rid of that thought. Mikage saw his pain when his mother died; but then again.. Maybe that was only because Mikage was in pain too. Or was it because Tomoe screamed and cried for her?

Did he have to scream and cry for attention?

The fox shook his head and walked to the kitchen, he opened the fridge with a shaky hand and paused when he saw the orange juice. It reminded him of when Mikage told him not to drink from the cartin..