Kissing, The Animal Way

6. Kissing, The Animal Way

_____________________________________________

Tomoe moaned and tossed on his bed in a flurry of hate, worry and tirdness. In a nut shell he couldn't sleep much at all. All he could think of was Gwen and how much her Husband beat her. He rememebered the man from when he and Nanami were younger. He was never around and when he was, he was drinking.

The child had hated it and stayed away; because...

He was scared because of that bottle and its contents. He lifted his hand and fingered a shoulder slightly. A light scar proving that what happened so long ago existed and played with his head and made him hate everything about it.

If he pressed on it to hard it would hurt right away, Something that he would have to live with forever; But he also had to live with the nightmares of his mothers lifeless body and her bleeding figure.

The teen shuddered and sat up in his bed, trying to direct his thoughts to other things; He flicked the light on. Tomoe sat there and pulled his knees to his chest, Thinking about his conversation with Nanami today.

It mostly consisted of kissing and what type of person he would date. He had replyed with the simple shrug.

The fox hadn't thought about it really. Liking someone like that? Dating someone... He was eighteen and was still in the line of never having a first kiss. Mizuki had his when he was fourteen and Kurama when he was fifthteen. Once they had theirs they had decided that Tomoe was the perfect target to tease since his lips were still not grazed by a womans' loving touch.

Tomoe Rolled his eyes and let his tail curl around him, He was tired but sleep hated him right now. He had nightmares of the viuals that played through his head all day.

This was the side of him that Nanami never saw.

Never.

Because his problems were not meant to weigh her down; She was care free and innocent in his eyes, While he was scared by life in the most hateful way possible.

Now she was going through the same thing and he didn't know what to do. She was always for him but now he had no idea how to help her. They told each other everything but she didn't tell him this;

But he couldn't blame her, He never told her about how his mother died.

The teens hand slipped to his shoulder again; he pressed down and let the pain gush through his body. He grimaced and stopped before he couldn't take it anymore.

Before the memories came back to haunt him.

He groaned and sighed, Looking at his clock he nearly doubled over at the time, Two O'clock in the morning. Great... He still had a while before school in the morning.

Tomoe prepared to plop back into his sleeping position when his door was opened. He blinked as Nanami poked her head in and rubbed her eyes, sleepily.

"Tomoe?"

The foxes ears perked in surprise, " Why are you up? Go back to bed Nanami." His voice came out with a harsh tone but also full of worry.

Why was she up at this time of night? She needed her rest, More than he did actually.

"I should ask you that question, " She muttered and walked to his bed. She sat down and then laid down, stairing at the ceiling, " Your up too."

Tomoe glared but then turned his harsh look to a wall, " Forget it; I am fine."

She propped her head in her hands and looked at him slightly, " Are you not tired?"

Tomoe groaned and plopped down beside her on the bed, Letting his back hit the comforter and his tail to curl about his body. His ears flattened a bit as he yawned behind his hand and looked at the girl.