Ear Aches

8. Ear Aches

_________________________________________________

Tomoe licked the sugar off his fingers and sighed as he ate the left over Sasamochi. It was the weekend and he nothing better to do but clean the living room ( Which he did in record time ) And eat.

He took another bite and stared at the TV, Last Night was awkward but he wouldn't think about it. Mostly because he got mad at his father for teasing him for no reason what so ever. Nanami was still asleep and Tomoe wondered if she was even breathing.

He rolled his eyes and turned the channel. There was nothing on and he was bored out of his wits.

He was tired and there was somthing off about the house. It was cold and no matter how much Tomoe turned the heat up it didn't help.

Of course there was a reason for this. Mikage was sick because of one of his jobs. The idiot liked standing in the rain and Tomoe had to give him his medicine soon.

Mikage was asleep so Tomoe didn't care at all at the time. He actually needed to get the medicine..

Great.

He slipped on his shoes and started for the door when Nanami ran down the stairs and glomped him from behind. He blinked and then rolled his eyes.

"Nanami.."

"Where ya going?" She asking quikly, Her hair was disheveled and she was smiled like a four year old.

He smirked and patted her head. In a mocking tone he said, "Now, Now Nanami. You musn't come with me. Its dangerous for little girls out there."

Nanami glared at him and punched him in the arm. Tomoe chuckled and then let his shoulders sag.

"Go get ready, I have to go get medicine." He said blankly.

Nanami smiled and placed her hands on her shaply hips, " I am already, ready!"

Tomoe chuckled lightly and sighed out a quick , 'Fine' Then they left out the door and down the street.

They walked a little ways when Nanami skipped out and then stopped rather quickly. She looked at Tomoe with wide eyes and he shrunk away from her just in case she made a dive for his ears. She smirked but then looked around the street.

"Tomoe." She whispered and he looked at her.

"Hum?"

She twidled her hair and looked at him; her lips formed a pout and he sighed heavily. Here they go, What was she planning this time?

"Why?" She mouthed out and Tomoe furrowed his brow, They walked into the pharamacy and picked up Mikage's medcine and then started back before Tomoe looked at her with a question in his eyes.

"Why what?" He looked at her and she pouted.

"Why is it that My dad likes liquior?" she titled her head to the side as they walked and Tomoe paused. How was he supossed to answer that? He didn't know. Maybe it was an addition. He wasn't sure but right now...

When he looked at Nanami,

She was on the verge of crying.

Tomoe sucked in his breath and looked at her, His ears twitching in the wind as they stood still. He glanced at Nanami and quickly pulled her into a hug.

"I can't explain that to you." He muttered slightly.

To be truthful he couldn't; He had been through so much just because of alcohol and its horrid tendencies. He couldn't help her with this.. Not now. Because he wasn't put together in the inside either. It would make him a hipocrite if he tried to help her.