What Am I Starting?

26. What Am I starting?

_____________________________________

'So Your Leaving Again..."

Mikage winced and Tomoe knew the answer. He though his dad said he had done all the prayers for now? Why.. Was he going again? The fox chewed his lip and then looked up at give his father a death glare.

He didn't care if his mask pulled away for at least once. He wanted to know the answer! WHY WAS HE LEAVING!? Tomoe took a deep breath and then ground his sharp kanines.

"Where?" He spat out rather quickly. It had a lot of force behind it and Mikage flinched. He wasn't used to Tomoe acting this way; maybe thats because Tomoe had learned to hold in his pain; but lately..

He had been having problems with that. His father was supposed to be there! The fox bit his lip and stood up slowly. His hair shaded his eyes. What was he supposed to do? Tell his father to not let the door hit him on the way out?

To scream at him for not being there? The fox could already feel the house get cold. His fists continued to dig into his palms and blood dripped on the floor. He winced and Mikage's eyes widened.

"Tomoe be careful!" Mikage screeched and started to clean up the blood off the floor. Then he grabbed Tomoe's hands and shook his head, " Stop that. It will make you scar.."

Tomoe glared at him and yanked his hands away; It wasn't like his father understood anyway. Even if he gave himself scars he wouldn't notice. He would never know...

"Where are you going this time?" Tomoe asked again, his voice shaking heavily.

His father looked at him and he sighed, " I have a meeting in Izumo." He looked at Tomoe and frowned, " Its only for three days. You can take that."

Tomoe's eyes widened at his father's heartless comment. How dare he! He never aske dhim how he felt about his job or how often he left! Tomoe always had to stay home alone with no one around. Even when Nanami was there he felt abandoned.

And No one saw it..

The fox swallowed his sandy breath and looked at his Father. His eyes started to glass over so he turned his back on the man and breathed out slowly. Mikage looked at him confused, his brow furrowed as the fox looked down and swore, " I can take it." He muttered.

Mikage smiled and hugged the fox from behind, " Thanks for understanding!" He giggled as Tomoe just stood there, his hair quarding his eyes so no one saw the strong emotion in his eyes. The emotion he would not let out.. Never again.

His mom would have never done this. He would never be alone if she was still here. Mikage said he would be there; sadly Tomoe had to learn that his own father was a liar. It had been like this for so long that Tomoe didn't even know he could call Mikage his father.

He was always alone; one time he got hurt and Mikage didn't know until a week later when Tomoe was showing Nanami the scar. The fox ground his teeth and tried not to whimper.

If he hurt himself?

Mikage would never notice.

"I have to leave now! If I dont I'll miss the plane!" Mikage screamed in panic. He picked up his breif case and hugged Tomoe tightly, " Don't work your ankle!"

The god rushed out of the kitchen as Tomoe stood there in shock. His eyes glasses over and he tried to breath. Tears welled up and he cursed out. His ears flattened to his head as he screamed. His chest hurt and his tail went limp.

The fox calmed himself down and then limped to the living room. He picked up his cell phone and dialed the school. Mizuki's mom answered and the fox bit his lip. He had to get out this house, at least for tomorrow. He knew it was a stupi dmove because of his foot; but.