The Black Fox Of The Family; And Touch Them For Me...

45. The Black Fox of the Family, and Touch Them For Me...

_____________________________________

Many Years Ago...

_____________________________________

He looked at him; He was short but his white hair was blowing about in the wind. He looked sad; his violet eyes staring at the black coffin that was being lowered into the ground. Areno stayed back in the trees and looked at his Sisters child.

His Nephew. He looked on as he tugged at his black suit; he stood in the shade.. The only thing to be seen was his pale white skin as his black hair blowed about.

" Areno?"

The fox sighed as Rii laid her head on his shoulder, They stood in silence as he watched them lower his sister into the ground. People started to fan out and leave in their cars but Areno stood..

" We should go." Rii rubbed his back but he stayed silent; he hadn't been out of highschool that long and even now he coudln't believe it. It was shock to him; but the only way he found out was because Rii knew Gwen. They were best friends in Rii' younger years. Gwen was her babysitter...

The black haired fox slowly nodded when he saw Tomoe being picked up and carried away from his mommy. Areno caught the tears in his eyes as he gripped at his dads hair and cried his sisters name over and over again..

The black fox paused, He had cursed that child; told him to die.. even before he was born; but right now? All he could do was want to hug the little boy and wipe his tears away. His sister had asked him of something... Something special; he had turned it down and said no.

But he knew his sister; and he knew that her offer was still open, even if she wasn't there.. He swallowed and slowly unwound his arms from Rii; then he walked to the coffin's spot.. Dirt was being thrown in and everyone was gone as Areno stood there and swallowed.

" Hey.." His throat was dry and it croaked. He whimpered slightly and looked down at the black coffin. It had roses on it, and vines, " Remember what you wanted me to do?" he swallowed and he knew Rii was watching him break down.

He wanted to protect her son; even though his family would be angry. He wasn't under them.. at least he didn't want to be.

" I'll protect him..." Areno choked out as the dirt covered the top of the coffin, burying it. He choked up and looked down, " Elisa I'm sorry." He whimpered and wiped at his eyes; he never broke down like this.. Never. It wasn't like him; but.. Tomoe?

Was his nephew; And he was his uncle. No matter what happened? He would protect that little boy.. his sisters pride and joy. Even if it was from a distance. He knew that he and Miakge was not on good terms..Not after what he said to Elisa and her unborn child..

But maybe one day..

Areno would be allowed to meet Tomoe in person..

__________________________________________

Areno looked down at the letter that he had just gotten; it ticked him off but for the first time in his life he wanted to laugh freely, and dance around. This letter; that was supossed to bring grief and hurt? It brought the fox great joy.

He laughed as he read it and started to thro whis stuff into boxes. He knew where he wanted to live and everything! He was free!

The letter read the following,

Dear Areno Kiku,

It has come to our attention that you went to Elisa Mikage's funeral. She has been banned from the family of Kiku; Thus making you a breaker of the family laws. We, with no regret, Hereby ban you as well. Elisa was an offender; and we have been told of your recent talking with her. Also a private investigater has found out that you have been recieving pictures of Elisa Mikage's Son, Tomoe Mikage.