•Chapter 39•

Cameron's POV

Its currently Sunday morning and thoughts have been scurrying my mind constantly since we left the hospital. We actually just left and the car is extremely silent and Claire has not said one word since she left Laila's room. And to be honest, I can't blame her. Just when her family was together again, one of them died, I can only try to imagine how devastated she is right now.

But she's not even crying, not that I want her to cry, but I also don't want her to keep everything bottled up.

"Babygirl?" i ask.

But then i notice she has headphones in. "Jack!" i whisper loudly.

"which one?" both Jacks whisper back.

"Gilinsky, she has not said a word since we left and Maria told me that as soon as Claire heard Laila's flatline, Claire's uncontrollable sobbing became silent, and she closed her eyes, then left with no words or sounds."

"I really don't know man, but just remember that everyone mourns with death in their own way."

Gilisnksy was right. Maybe some sleep would help her but we have to also get ready cause in the afternoon, we have to go over to JC's house for their BBQ.
"Gilinsky, tap Claire. I wanna ask her if she wants to go to Jc's house."
Gilinsky tapped Claire's knee and kissed her cheek. She pulled out an earphone and looked up at him.
"Cam's calling you." he whispered in her ear and she looked forward.
I looked in the rearview mirror and asked her, "baby girl do you still wanna go to Jc's house for their barbecue?"
She just nodded.
I see her eyes becoming dull.
"Okay." I whispered, more to myself as I put my attention to the road.
-
We finally arrive back to the house and I tell everyone to get ready and that we're leaving in 5 minutes.
Claire walks up to her room, slowly within each step. Hopefully she can mourn and accept everything that has been going on with her.
Gilinsky's POV
Man, this weekend has been kinda stressful lately and I can't even imagine what Claire is going through right now. She still hasn't even talked to anyone yet and I'm getting kind of worried.
Third person POV
While everyone was getting ready, Claire decided on looking nice so the boys won't worry so much about her. She doesn't really want to talk yet because she's scared. She's scared of what will come out of her mouth and she just isn't emotionally prepared for that yet.
Claire put on a striped black and white shirt tucked into a black skater skirt, a maroon beanie and matching Vans. As well as a silver planet necklace that Gilinsky gave her a few weeks back. She didn't wear a bikini because she clearly was just not in the mood for swimming.
Then she quickly put on eyeliner and a bit of concealer just to get rid of her baggy swollen eyes. And just like that she was out the door with the rest of the boys to Jc's house.
JJ knocked on the door and Connor answered, "hey guys! Come on in!"
They all followed Connor to the back and the rest of the boys of the O2l house were outside besides Chris.
All the guys know what happened already, besides JC, but Claire is pretty sure that they won't bring it up and she's glad if they don't.
I sit at their picnic table where everything is set up and notice Ricky across from me.
"Hey bestie, how you holding up?"
Claire just gives him a reassuring smile and nods once.
"Good! Do you want a burger?"
Now that she thought about it she hasn't eaten anything almost all day.
She smiled and nodded.
Ricky got up with a grin and walked next to the grill where Kian was greeting the rest of the guys.
Jc is the only one who doesn't know since he was out when Cameron called the boys to tell them what happened.
Claire knew it wasn't gonna be easy telling him.
She sat patiently for everyone else to join her and she didn't wait long for them to finally sit and start eating and Ricky to give her a burger.
"Thank you." she mostly mouthed.
Jc sat next to her and he looked at her skeptically when she didn't practically jump out of her seat when she saw him. In fact she didn't even look up from her burger.
Jc's POV
I wonder what's wrong with Claire, she didn't even look at me when I came to sit next to her. Is she angry with me? Did she find out? Dammit I swear, I've been incredibly secretive about...my little situation. Damn she found out didn't she? Fuck...
"Claire? Are you okay?" I asked nervously.
She just nodded but still didn't make eye contact.
"Come upstairs with me...just for two seconds." I whispered in her ear. Now that I think of it I probably sounded like a creep.
She looked at me and got up and headed for the house. I was right behind her.
She went up the stairs to my room and I closed the door and locked it. She started to look kind of creeped out.
"Don't worry I just don't want anyone walking in on us talking." I said and her face softened.
"Listen, a bit has happened and I'm-"
I got cut off by Cameron knocking on the door saying they were leaving.
Claire got up from my bed, hugged me emptily, unlocked the door and left.
-1 week later-
Cameron's POV
Okay so it's been a week since the barbecue at Jc's house and Laila's death. Claire has said not a single word to anyone but Jack. And he said that she doesn't talk much and she's very careful with her words as if she's trying not to surface anything that she's hiding. We all try not to worry but it's hard because the house is so quiet now. She always made it fun being here with her wild ideas and just amusing self. I hope she mourns but hopefully quickly because I need my little sister back.
Jc's POV
I need to know if Claire knows! Of course she knows! That's why she's been so upset, duh JC! She's probably mad at you, you're part of this too. it's didn't take just one person. God, she's gonna kill me.
Oh wait... I think I see her outside on her front lawn. She looks so cute just sitting on the grass...but she looks so sad. That's it! I have to know if she knows and I need to know now.
Third person POV
After JC looks at Claire from his window, he stalks downstairs and walks across the street. Approaching her, he tries to calm his nervousness.
"Claire?" He asks and she looks up at him.
"I know you know." she looks at him confused. JC grew frustrated with nervousness.
"Don't play stupid with me! I know you think it's a mistake, but she promised." Claire was shocked by his words and was completely confused on what he was talking about.
She raised an eyebrow applying that she still had no clue what he was saying.
"Look I think that she's special and I don't care what you think Claire! Yea she hurt me but-"
"What?" Claire interrupted him and he was completely dumbfounded when she finally talked to him. "what did you say?"
"You know that I'm back together with Lia...right?"
Claire was angry and confused which cause her aggravation.
"You know what?" She laughs unamusingly, mainly to mock. "JC I only wanted to protect you! If you want to go date that devil, fine! Marry her, why don't you?!" She stepped towards him and she was in his face.
"But don't come to me when she breaks your heart again. I saved you from killing yourself last time and this is how you thank me? By lying to me?!" She laughs mockingly again, "Wow, nice to know how your friendships end up."
She was starting to walk up the side walk a bit but he stopped her.
"Wait! So if you didn't know about Lia and I...why haven't you talked to me?" He asks sadly.
"Because JC! My sister just died!" Her voice starts cracking and JC feels immediate guilt, regretting his decisions, "I finally met my mom and I just needed time to think about everything! I haven't talked to anyone besides Jack. Unlike you, he cares about me and cares what I think and appreciates when I try to help."
"I care about you!"
"Right sure you do! Only when your heart is broken by Lia right?"
"What do you have against her?!" JC starts to get angry.
"JC! Are you blind?! She made you cut yourself! You almost committed suicide - I-I just can't talk to you right now because I know you won't listen anyway. But just know, whatever happens...I'm sticking to my promise."
"What promise?"
Without another word, she walked away from him, feeling betrayed, angry and upset that he has forgotten the only promise she has ever gave to him.
Claire walks to an abandoned park, about a quarter mile down the road from her house. She sees a broken glass bottle on the floor and a piece of cloth next to it. Claire picks up the cloth and picks up a piece of glass with it.
Carefully, she wraps it and puts it in her jacket pocket...she knows that because of him, she's going to be needing that soon...
Cameron's POV
It's been an hour since I got home from work with the boys from set and Nash said he wanted to grill some burgers outside and maybe go into the pool later. JC dropped by and said that him and Claire got into an argument and then she left. He went to go find her but I didn't want to tell the boys to cause them any alarm. But it's been a good 45 minutes now! Lemme call him, see if he found her.
C:JC?
J: uhh...yea man?
C: have you found her?
J: umm...no no not yet but I have searched almost everywhere and- WAIT! Oh my god I see her let me call you back!
-JC hangs up-
Jc's POV
I see her on a giant old looking tree. I get out of my car and start to walk through the very tall grass that hasn't been cut in what seems decades. Finally I make it to the tree and I hear her sniffling.
"Claire." I say softly and she lets out more tears, I don't think she heard me.
"Claire." I say a bit louder and she turns around. She looks at me with a mad expression.
"Why are you here?" She mumbles looking at the leaves on top of her.
"I've been looking for you."
"Why? I thought you would've hated me for trying to look after you." she sniffles.
"Claire... I don't hate-"
"It doesn't matter anymore! You obviously made your point about not wanting me there...I'm just glad I know now." before I could protest she jumped down from the tree and began to walk away from me.
"Claire!" I called out but she ignored me and continued to walk stubbornly through the rugged and rough tall grass.
"Claire! What do you want?" I yell behind her just as she's about to cross the street.
"My brother!"
-2 weeks pass by-
Third person POV
So Claire has finally been okay to talk to everyone and is her old self again; very happy, funny, joyful. She has connected with her mother again as well, although they are still working out their bond, they are finally like a normal Mother and daughter, besides the living arrangements.
JC and Claire are still not talking to eachother and even though the O2L boys come over and they go over there, doesn't mean that Claire gets anywhere near JC.
She still feels completely betrayed and unappreciated because she just tried looking after him and after all of her warnings, he still decided to go behind her back and get back together with Lia without even consulting the positives or negatives on their relationship.
Right now Cameron is hanging out with Melissa (his girlfriend Ik!! It's been OD long since I have put her in one of these chapters.) Claire is with Jack at the park swinging on the swing set. JJ and Nash went shopping for fall shoes since they are on the 10th of September and they don't want to keep on wearing flip flops.
-
Finally Claire and Jack come back from the park about an hour later, only to find their lovable and very lazy roommates, and Cam's girlfriend, sprawled across the living room eating pizza and popcorn.
"Well, aren't we a bit unhealthy this wonderful Friday evening?" Jack says amusingly.
They all groan and pay their very full bellies.
"This is a perfect time for a nap." JJ says and the rest agree. Claire and Jack shake their heads and chuckle.
"I'm joining you guys!" Jack says and jumps on an empty couch and stretches, ready to nap. Just then Claire gets a text from Kian.
Kiwi🌸💕: hey Clairebear!!🐻 listen umm... I really need to talk to you can you come over real quick?
She wonders what he wants to talk about.
Clairebear🐻🌸: sure kiwi! Be there in 2 minutes☺️💕✌️
-
"Hey guys, kian just told me he needed to talk about something I'll be right back!" Claire said as she walked to the door and a small wave of "okay, byes" went around the room.
Claire walked across the street and reached the front door. She knocked and for some reason Chris always seems to answer the door, but this time he had another guy behind him: looked their age, bright grey eyes, light brown hair, pale skin, strong features, but he had a smirk as he stared at Claire.
"Hey Claire! What's up?" Chris said friendly, him and Claire have gotten very close.
"Hey Chris, um Kian texted me, he-"
"Claire! Hey! I called her over." Kian said coming from the kitchen and he locked their hands together leading her into the backyard.
The entire time, Chris's friend continued to stare at Claire, very intrigued by her innocent face, cute sense in style, long dark brown hair that reaches mid back now.
Kian sat her down on their hammock.
"Listen Claire, JC is incredibly depressed right now. He explained to me what happened and right now I'm thinking you were right...and I think he thinks you were right as well. Cameron told JC that Lia was flirting with him yesterday but he didn't want to believe it at first because Lia promised never to cheat again, but this morning JC caught Lia having sex in her apartment with some guy who works with her in a TV show. And apparently he was her boyfriend too. Point is, he is completely devastated and tomorrow is his birthday I feel like if you talk to him and make up then maybe he will be happy tomorrow." Claire knows that Kian has a point and she doesn't feel good for being right after all, she feels very upset that Lia would do that again to JC.
She nods and walks back into the house and goes up the stairs.
*this is gonna get really sad*
*listen to hurt by Christina aguilera*
Claire opens Jc's door softly. He wasn't in there.
A feeling of déjàvu strikes her and she looks to the bathroom door...
Walking, careful within each step, she opens the bathroom door when she hears this grieving, painful sobbing...
Just looking at JC through a small crack, she sees the blade in his hand...
And the blood trickling down his forearm...
All she could think of was "he promised...he promised"
But she realized...she promised too.
Reaching into her pocket she grabbed the glass covered in a thin cloth...
Slowly she put the glass to her wrist...
JC finally looked towards the door and saw Claire tear drenched face.
He saw the glass and what she was about to do.
"Claire...No!" He yelled but Claire already made a semi-deep cut into her wrist...
JC gets up from the floor and sweeps Claire off her feet and places her on the sink counter.

"I'm sorry for blaming you, but Claire, why?" JC sobs as he grabs the first aid kit from the bottom drawer.
He takes out a wrapping to stop bleeding injuries.
Claire is no longer crying but stares at Jc's focused eyes in a dull like manner.
"You know why JC..." she trailed off and he looked at her with fresh tears racing down his face.
"You jump, I jump?" He said sadly.
"You jump, I jump."
Finally they hug and feel the love that they haven't given each other in over two weeks.
"I'm never gonna do that again! I swear on my life I'll never put you in that risk again and I'm so sorry for making you think that I didn't care but I know you care if not you wouldn't have done this...Thank you Claire...I love you." he kisses her forehead
She smiles at him, "I love you too."
-
They are laying in Jc's bed cuddling watching American Horror Story and Claire looks at her phone has 3 new text messages
First one is from Cam:
-JC told me you might fall asleep over there so if you do I'll see you in the morning and goodnight beautiful😘💕 I love you
She texted him a
-"I love you too☺️😘💕🐢" and read the next one
Gilinsexy😍💕:
-goodnight beautiful have fun at Jc's house and don't stay up too late! Btw tmm I was thinking we should all talk about going to visit Aaron and the rest of the guys who are staying in Louisiana at Aaron's house. Goodnight😘💕🐢
She responded:
-ok baby sounds great! Love you too😍😘💕 goodnight
Finally the last one was from Chris:
-Hey Claire, come to my room I never really introduced you to my friend and he's sleeping over so I kinda wanted you guys to know each other I guess idk😂😂
-okay!! I'll be right over!
Claire told JC she would be right back and looked at the clock that read 6:02.
She walks to Chris's room and knocks.
"Come in!" Chris yells.
"Hey guys!" Claire says nicely.
"Claire!" Chris gets up from the bed, "okay this is Nathan." she looks at him and smiles and he smiles back, "Nathan this is Claire, she lives across the street and is my best girl-friend." Chris says cheekily.
"Hey!" He shakes Claires hand "nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too." she says excitedly.
"Are you staying the night?" Chris asks Claire.
"Actually yea I am. JC and I are having a little slumber party to make up for loss time." she smiles and Chris nods.
"What happened to your wrist?" Nathan asks worried.
"Oh! Um I scraped it on some loose glass by accident...but I'm okay. I got it all patched up." Nathan gives her a little pouty lip and she has to admit he looks adorable but she wasn't fond of the smirky look he gave her earlier.
"So you have a boyfriend?" Nathan asks.
"Nathan!" Chris scolds while laughing causing Claire to laugh as well.
"Yes I do, in fact I live with him."
"What? I'm just making conversation! And he's one of the guys you live with? Is it the blonde one? or is that short brunette guy with a giant husky that you always hang around with?" Nathan asks.
"No the blonde one is one of my best guy friends and is best friends with my boyfriend and the brunette with the husky is actually my brother." Claire laughs. She takes out her phone and shows him a picture of her on Gilinsky's shoulders: she was in a neon blue bikini and he was shirtless with black trunks and they were standing in the sand. Nathan's mouth falls agape.
"Gilinsky is your boyfriend?!" He asks in shock.
Chris laughs and says, "that's exactly what I thought when I found out, cause he's so big and buff and she's so adorable and skinny and cute." Chris side hugs Claire by her waist. "They are a really good pair. They constantly talk to each other, they never get bored and they will be adorable together almost anywhere." Claire blushes in a mixture of embarrassment and happiness.
Nathan hands her back her phone and nods, " I see."
"Well, I better get back to JC, maybe we should do something later tonight like play twister or make pancakes or something." Claire suggests and the boys agree. She says she'll talk to them later and skips happily to Jc's room, but not before she runs into Connor, Kian, and Ricky.
"So are you an JC cool now?" Ricky asks concerned with his phone in his hands.
"Yes JC an I are fine, and if you guys don't mind, I'm sleeping over and JC and I are gonna make up for loss time." she smiles cheekily.
"Aye!!" They all say happy that everything is finally okay. They as well hated Lia, but even before they found out what she did to JC.
Everything is okay now...
Or so Claire thought......
~A/n~
Hello!! Ik I'm shit! I haven't updated in sooooo long but I have been incredibly busy with soccer practice and poetry club and my quinceñera💃 but I'm really gonna try to update once a week if not once every two weeks the latest. OH AND BTW!!!! IM GOING TO DIGI FEST NYC!!! Come find me and we'll take pictures and run after the boys to take pictures with us and everything!!!
HOPEFULLY I CAN FINALLY MEET JACK AND JACK AND AARON FREAKING CARPENTER😍😍😍😍😭😭😭😭😭 I'm so excited okay until next update bye!!😘💕🌸
Btw I wrote 3689 words!😱
~Sam👑