•Chapter 42•

Third Person's POV

As the months past by quicker and quicker, Cameron feared that the tumor would be completely taking over now.

Sicker and sicker each day. But God made everything look fine...
Even though it was far from it.

Claire's POV

I've been holding it in for months now and I just can't take it! I need to tell him. I take my phone out of my back pocket.

( d-Derek c- Claire)

C- Derek?

D- hey Claire, how are you doing?

C- uhh not so good, could we meet up? Just the two of us?

D- sure! How about that park about a quarter mile down from your house? Looks like no one goes there anymore.

C-okay see you in 10 minutes

Third person POV

Finally Claire arrived and Derek was already there on the swing set slowing swaying back and forth.

Claire lightly stomps through the tall grass and goes straight where Derek is.

"Hey Claire, so, what's on your mind?"

"Derek, do you know this place?"

"Um... It's seems familiar. Maybe I came here as a kid, not sure. Why?" He asks curiously.

"Derek, do you know who I am?"

"Yes..." He says as if it were obvious, "you're Maria's daughter who somehow got adopted by Cameron."

"No, Derek look at me!" She demanded. "Look at me..."

"I can't."

"Derek, you know who I am...why are you hiding the fact that you left me to be abused by Tin-."

"Don't! Don't say that bitch's name...Listen. I knew who you were right when I saw you before you fainted. I just thought you wouldn't want those memories back so I kept to myself and pretended to begin a new."

Silence swiftly mopped their voices, leaving the wind to howl as it pleased through Claire's hair, as well as the leaves on the tall trees, shading the green swing set.

"You used to bring me here." Claire broke the silence.

"Yea, you always sat right there," he pointed at the swing next to him," you never sat in another one because this was your favorite one." He choked on his tears, trying painfully hard for them not to fall.
"I'm sorry Claire...that I left but you have to understand," Claire looked down, she didn't want to hear it, "she made me."

Claire's head rose, "How?"

"I was going to go into the army in 2009, but Tina said she would die if I left her... So I didn't go. Then in 2010, Laila ran away and she just started to hit you, but she called it 'discipline'. We got into arguments constantly and I told her to stop. Until, one day I had enough and I told her that I was leaving her and I was taking you with me.
She screamed and threw the document of where I signed to be in the army at my face...saying if I didn't leave now, that she would kill you," Derek grabbed Claire's hands," I couldn't let that happen. So I left thinking maybe she would have a change of heart, and would stop but I guess she never did and they already stationed me for 3 years in Korea. After that, I came home and found Maria in a coffee shop, we bumped into each other and she spilled her $8 coffee all over me. That's how me and your mom met...Claire, I'm so sorry."

Claire once again, didn't speak.

"Clai-"
He was cut off by her hugging him tightly.

"Thank you." She cried softly.

"I didn't know that you did that...it must've been hard to leave. And if you didn't, I probably wouldn't be looking at you right now."

"No problem, squirt." He smiles. "Now are you sure you're okay? I know that you've been getting really bad headaches, what's that about?"

"Not sure. But I'm not the only one, my boyfriend and brother have been getting them too but our friends told us it was from stress so we're trying to take things easy for a little and I thought if I settled this I wouldn't be so anxious around you anymore and look at that...I was right." She smiles back.

"That's great and I totally forgot to tell you something that Maria told me to mention!"

"What's up?"

"We are having a...baby!"

Claire looked at him.

"A baby?"

"Yea, is that okay?" Derek said looking less hopeful.

"Are you kidding me?! It's wonderful!!"

Derek's heart stopped and relief finally took in.

"Oh thank God."

"Do you guys know what it's gonna be?"

"No not yet but they said next week they can tell us."

~A/N~

Hello!! Okay quick update and there's only gonna be 1 or 2 more chapters maybe and then finally the epilogue!!! Damn almost 2 years writing this....I cry😭😭 COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN!!!
Ttyl🌴
-Sam👑