•Chapter 30•

Claire's POV
-
-
"Aaron..." I say shakily.
"I'm sorry Claire. I really am but I couldn't take it any more, you're just so beautiful and amazing and so incredibly nice. I just needed to kiss you. Are we still best friends?" He asks.
"Of course! But Jack he'll-"
"No! I already told Jack and to be honest he was kinda angry but he said he'd let it slide because of that girl who kissed him, umm what's her name?" He explains and asks.
"Sabrina, the girl I fought with on the first day." I sighed in disappointment. How could Jack do this to me?! Not that I don't like Aaron, it's pretty much just that my boyfriend gave a close friend of ours permission to kiss his girlfriend! Like what the fuck?!
"Oh ok, well I think we should go back to everyone now. Goodbye Aaron." I gave him a hug.
"Bye Claire. Text me when your able to see and I wish you luck."
"Ok and thanks." I smile knowing he'll smile too.
*Boys leave*
*2 weeks later (lmao sorry I got lazy)*
So today's the day! I'm going to the doctors office at 5 to get my bandages removed and I'm really excited! I asked Cameron what time it was.
"10 in the morning...wait...why am I up this early?" He asked himself and I started laughing.
"Oh Cammy" I said still giggling while lifting up my eyebrows and shaking my head.
Incase you were wondering, I yelled at Jack for giving Aaron permission to kiss me and he apologized and said it was cause he still felt bad about the whole 'Sabrina incident' so he thought if Aaron kissed me he wouldn't feel as bad. I lectured him telling him that I loved him and that giving someone else permission to kiss me doesn't make us even, it makes me a hoe... And I ain't tryna be no hoe. Like dafuq?! He apologized and we forgot about it. Cam, Jack, JJ, and Nash are coming to the doctor with me to remove the bandages and so they can hold my hand cause no lie, I'm terrified.
"Hey GURL!!" Nash said as he entered the room and being his sassy self.
"Haayy!" I respond in the same way.
I feel him sit next to me and pull me onto his lap, I snuggle my head into the crook of his neck.
"I'm so lazy today! I just want to crawl on our carpet and cuddle all day." I whine while looking where the carpet is, or where I think it is.
"Same" he laughs "come on, why don't we get some blankets, lay on the carpet, and you can sing for me." he says with a cheesy smile.
"Fine, lets do it." I say smiling and messing up his hair. "damn Nash you need a hair cut ASAP! Your hair is extremely long."
"Yea I know!" He said pouting and putting his hand on his head.
We get on the rug and he lays flat down on his back on the carpet. I get on top and lay my back on his stomach.
"Nash?"
"Yea?"
"You are surprisingly comfy." I say and he laughs and I hear Cam chuckle.
"Can you sing now?" He asks innocently.
"Why do you want to hear me sing?" I ask.
"Cause I never heard a voice like yours before and I wanna hear the beauty that your voice offers without even trying." he says sweetly and I blush.
"Ok." I whisper.
*listen to video, just pretend that's her voice*
I finish and I hear soft snores coming from the sleepy boy (Cam) behind us and Nash chuckles. He puts his hands on my stomach and makes warming and soothing circles on it making me relax. I sigh contently and he kisses my forehead.
"That was amazing, beautiful." he whispers trying not to wake Cam up.
"Thanks Nashy." I smile and I turn putting my belly on his and cuddle up into his grasp, putting my head in the soft crook of his neck. He puts his hands on my back and the warmth soothes the once opened wounds. I feel at peace and just as I'm thinking how comfortable I am, I go to sleep, taking a nice long nap.
~LATER~
*Nash's POV*
I wake up and see that Claire is still sound asleep on my stomach and she looks so adorable on me. I want a picture taken but my phones too far away so I get a pillow that's within my arm reach and throw it at Cam. I throw it and it hits him in the face waking him up.
"Huh?" He asks sleepily.
"Psst Cam, take a picture of me and Claire sleeping!" I whisper-yell. And he nods taking out his phone. I pretend to be asleep as he snaps the pic and smiles looking at it when he's done. He sends me the pic and passes me my phone. I look at it, smile, and save it into my library.
"Should I post it on Instagram?" I ask Cameron.
"Yea why not?" He asks.
"It's cause you can see the bandages on her eyes and people are probably gonna start asking what happened and I don't want them crowding her with questions when she gets her bandages off." I explain.
"That's true, but we're going to the Ellen show tomorrow with her so we can just explain what happened there and everyone will understand. Might as well get a head start and post it, and either way, you guys look so adorable cuddling with each other." he smiles and I smile back thinking about what he said, so I go ahead and post it.
"Cuddling with da bae. Jealous Gilinsky?😏" is what I put as the caption and I instantly got a whole bunch of comments and likes. Some were about her eyes and some where asking if Claire and I were going out now. Then Gilinsky commented saying "take my baby and you're gonna get punched in the face😡👊💔". Other fan girls started commenting saying how they wanted him to talk about them like that and I could hear both Jacks laughing from the upstairs.
I fell Claire start to stir a bit and soon I feel her stretch her limbs on my body.
"Comfortable babe?" I laugh and she giggles while nodding.
"What time is it?" She asks softly.
"3:30, you hungry?" I ask and she nods.
"Very. Can we go get a burger?" She asks.
"Sure why don't you go ask the Jacks what they want and me and Cam will warm up the car, yea?"
"Alright." she says and scurries up the stairs in her giant white side shouldered shirt and her purple pajama bottoms.
*Claire's POV*
I feel my way up the stairs and count the steps it take to Jack's door and knock on it.
"Come in." I hear Jack say.
"Hey guys." I say to both Jacks.
"Hey kitten!" I hear Gilinsky say excitedly.
"Hey Claire Bear." JJ says.
"Nash, Cam and I are going to Taco Bell to get lunch. What do you guys want from there?" I ask.
"Umm, you know what we'll just go with you and when we finish eating well go to the doctors a little early to get your bandages removed. Yea?" Gilinsky asks and I nod while smiling.
And just as I'm ready to walk out the door, Jack grabs me and puts me over his shoulder and carries me down the stairs while screaming "YO QUIERO TACO BELL!!!!" And the JJ, Cam and Nash followed the screaming boy that's carrying me into the car.
*skip lunch and they are at the doctors waiting to get called in*
*Still Claire's POV*
My nerves are acting up. I'm starting to get really nervous and anxious for one of the nurses to call us in already.
"Babe, I'm nervous." I tell Jack who's sitting right next to me.
"Why beautiful?" He asks concerned as he picks me up from my chair, sits me on his lap and I cuddle into his chest.
"What if something went wrong in the surgery? What if they messed it up bad and I won't be able to see again? I'll never be able to see anyone at all again! Not even my children! I won't be able to see the stars anymore or the clouds! I won't be able to see-"
"Babe! Shhh calm down." he says calmly "everything will be fine and you're gonna see, watch." he wipes the tears that went through the bandages on my face. I sniffle and snuggle more into his chest.
"I hope you're right." I say softly.
"I am and look I'm going to call JC, Ricky, Kian, And Connor to come so we can all be the first thing you see when they remove those bandages."
I smile and nod.
*convo between JC and Jack*
J: hey JC, what's up man?
Jc: hey! Not much you?
J: umm well I'm at the eye doctors office and they're taking Claire's bandages off of her eyes and she wants us to be the first thing she sees. Can you come over with all the guys?
Jc: aww she's so cute man! Yea most definitely! We are literally just bored in the living room so I'll tell the guys to get ready. Wait can I talk to her real quick?
J: for sure man
*jack gives Claire the phone*
C: hello?
Jc: hey baby girl! How you feeling?
C: to be honest, a little nervous
Jc: aww don't worry everything is gonna be fine and we are all rushing to get ready to go over there and see you cause we wanna be the first thing you see with your brother and the rest of your family.
C: great! I can't wait for you to come!
Jc: same baby girl, we're on our way now. I love you so much
C: I love you too JC bye
*end of convo*
The nurse comes out of her office.
"Claire Dallas?"
This is it...the moment of truth.
-
-
-
-
We all (Claire, Cam, Nash, JJ, and Jack) step into the room and she tells us to wait for the doctor to come in and take the bandages off. Someone sits me down gently on a chair and the guys start talking about how excited they are for me and I just smile, to nervous to respond. Just as they were mid way into the conversation, I hear the door open and I recognize JC, Ricky, Connor, and Kian's voice as they entered and greeted everyone.
"Hey Claire." I hear Ricky say.
"Hey guys. Take a seat, the doctor should be in any minute now." I say smiling and just as I finish the doctor comes in and greets everyone in the room.
"Well Claire, are you excited?" She asks nicely.
"Very." I smile.
"Alrighty then let's get started." She claps her hands lightly.
I hear her get up and walk over to me. She swiftly starts to remove the bandages off of my head and slowly off of my eyes.
"You might feel a bit dizzy but that's just gonna be from the light since you haven't been used to the light in so long." She explains and I nod.
"Ok, ready? I'm going to take them off of both eyes in 3...2...1" she takes them both off but I keep my eyes shut. I'm scared.
*Cameron's POV*
The doctor takes off the bandages but Claire keeps her eyes shut.
"Claire, I know you're scared but we'll never know unless you open your eyes and let the light in.'' I say softly and the guys stay quiet obviously knowing this is a delicate situation and don't want Claire feeling pressured and uncomfortable.
"You're right." She says and starts to open her eyes slowly.
My heart dropped.
They still weren't brown...they were still that pastel green color when we found her in Albany. It didn't work. She's still blind. Her face...right now...is killing me. She knows it didn't work and you can just see the disappointment and sadness on her face. I turn and see all the guys with tears in their eyes. This is heart breaking. And I feel like everything is going in slow motion. Finally the doctor speaks.
"Wait...don't cry, sweetheart the surgery worked. Just give your eyes time." She reassures.
"What do you mean?" I ask as more tears flood my eyes.
"This is normal. Her sight will come back to her later today. When? Not sure but definitely today because, come look at her pupils." She explains and all the guys get up to look at Claire's eyes.
"Her pupils are black so it means she can see it's just they are still adapting to everything, now if the surgery really didn't work then they would be a light shade of grey." She reassures and everyone sighed in relief and started smiling and laughing and saying how scared they were and how they thought it didn't work. I thanked the doctor and went over to Claire and she was so happy and relieved. So were the rest of us.
We took her home and everyone joined us in going to the park.
Claire, JC, Jack, Connor and I went to the swings while the rest were playing football on the grass. Claire gets on the swing and I start to push her. The guys start to see who can go the highest and Connor won but he dirtied his Toms, which got him kinda mad but he didn't really care since he was thinking of buying new ones anyway.
Finally, we all lie down on the grass and watching the beautiful sun start to go down.
*Claire's POV*
We are all laying down and my eyes start hurting a lot. I clench them together and start to groan. Jack and Cam who are next to me ask if I'm ok but the pain is too much for me to comprehend what's going on. I sit up and look at the sky. Tears start to roll down my face. This is the perfect view, sun is setting, clouds are pink, orange, and red, stars are starting to come out and the sky is turning a dark shade of blue.
I can see again...
~A/N~
Hello my lovelies! I absolutely love this chapter, I think it's one of my favorite ones. Comment if you liked it and I'm so so sorry for not updating in forever but this chapter took a while😁 sorry! Anywho next update is on it's way! Love you my snippy panda bears!🐼
~Sam💜