•Chapter 11•

I scream as I see jack on my bed shirtless.

"Good Lord Jack! You scared the crap out of me!" I yell.

He laughs "sorry, I just wanted to know what you and Hayes were doing." he said curiously.

"Seriously?" I asked in a joking matter.

He nods suspiciously.

"We did it." I say sarcastically.

I don't think he understood my sarcasm because his eyes widen 10 times then their normal size. "WHAT?!? YOU'RE 14!" he yells.

"Jack, I was being sarcastic! Jesus! Calm down!" I say and his face softens up.

"I'm sorry. I know we're not dating but...I have real strong feelings for you." he says with an angelic face and sad puppy eyes. I sit him down on my bed and I get on his lap "I have strong feelings for you too Jack." I say softly. He then leans in and so do I. We kiss and the door opens and there stands Cameron.

"Oh My God!" he yells.

"Cameron." Jack and I say at the same time.

"Jack, out!" Cam demands and Jack looks at me and then leaves.

Before I could say anything after Jack leaves and shuts the door, Cameron slaps me across the face. My cool tears refresh the burning sensation. I don't do anything I just stare in the position that I have been smacked in and my arms start to tremble. Why are they trembling? I don't tremble when I'm hurt...but I do when I'm scared which is a rarity.

"Oh my goodness claire! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that, I'm just...angry." he says sadly.

"At me?" I stare at him with tears running down my face and continue trembling.

"No! Not at you, baby," he gets on the bed and cradles me "my girlfriend just cheated on me and when I saw Jack kissing you, I lost it. I'm so sorry." he says softly.

"It's okay, just...promise not to hurt me in any way anymore?" I say.

"I promise." He then gets up and lays his head on my lap as I sit crisscross and I start to sing to him 'Skinny Love' by Birdy.

Come on skinny love, just last the year

Pour a little salt, we were never here

My,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my

Staring at the sink of blood an crushed veneer

Tell my love to wreck it all

Cut out all the ropes and let me fall

My,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,

Right in the moment, this orders tall

And I told to be patient

And I told you to be fine

And I told you to be balanced and I told you to be kind

And in the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind because I'll be holding all the tickets and you'll be owning all the fines

Come on skinny love, what happened here

Suckle on the hope in life brassiere

My,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,

Sullen load is full; so slow on the split

And I told you to be patient and told you to be fine

And I told you to be balanced and I told you to be kind

Now all your love is wasted? Then who the hell was I?

Cause no I'm breaking of the britches and at the end of all your lies

Who will love you?

Who will fight?

And who will fall far behind?

Come on skinny love

My,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my

My,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,my,

-end of song-

I sang the song softly at first and put my heart into it from middle to end as I stared forward and my hands playing in Cameron's hair. He looked at me with a shocked look then I looked down and my eyes met his.

"Claire...I didn't know you could sing." He says softly but completely astonished.

I giggle and say "thanks."

"Mhmm...does he make you happy?" Obviously talking about Jack.

"Cameron...I have never felt this way towards anyone else and he's sweet and kind and I know he never hurt me." I say sadly.

"Okay, well then, you guys can date, you have my blessing." He says playfully but at the same time seriously.

"Really?" I squeal.

"Yea," he laughs, " I'm glad it's one of the guys in the house to and that's it's Jack because I know he'll never hurt you and always do you good." He says with a smile and I can't help but smile.

He starts to get up and head for the door but then he turned around and said,

"Claire, I really am sorry. I never meant to hurt you." He says looking as if he was about to cry. "I really, really didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so, so sorry." He says letting a few tears out.

I get off of my bed and swing my arms around his neck as I nuzzle my head in his neck. He's tense and doesn't hug back but when he did he hugged me very tight and started to bawl in my shoulder.

"I promise I won't ever hurt you again. I'm not gonna be like Tina. I love you and you don't forget that." He says sadly and continues,

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Wanna sleep with me for the night?" He asks and I nod.