•Chapter 18•

Claire's POV

I go to sleep again but this time with Jack. He lays me down and I snuggle into the covers as he goes into the bathroom. When he comes back he gets under the covers with me and says

"Goodnight beautiful, I promise I won't let anything happen to you and I promise I'll never hurt you." He whispers into my ear.

I snuggle even more into him and say "I know you won't." I smile and we both drift off to sleep.

He's lying.

"What?" I ask the voice in my head.

He's lying, do you actually think he's not going to hurt you?

"He...he would never hurt me. I know him." I say confidently.

Oh really? You're 14 and he's what? 17? Please! He'll just look for another 17 year old. Someone probably a whole lot prettier than you!

"Shut up! No he won't! He loves me!" I feel like crying. I actually feel the tears but they're not coming down my face. How can I feel them if they're not there?

Aww hunny, you actually think he loves you? This is just temporary since you're the only girl in the house but when you leave, he has millions of gorgeous girls adoring him and he'll pick one of them over you any day.

I'm shaken awake and I'm now looking into Jack's eyes.

"Claire are you okay?" He asks calmly.

"Yea why?" I say trying to avoid the fact that I just had an argument WITH MYSELF!!

"You were moving around a bit and look...you're crying." He says removing a few tears from my eyes.

"I can't remember the dream, but whatever it was, it's over now." I say and he smiles. "What?" I ask why he's smiling.

''I love the idea of waking up to you every morning." He says and I smile while blushing.

"I love that idea too. What time is it?"

"Umm" he looks at the clock next to him "9:30. You wanna get some pancakes?" He asks.

"Sure!" I say. We go get pancakes and bring everyone their own pancakes.

~skip ahead to the day before the flight to New York for MAGCON~

Ok I think I packed everything. I think to myself.

"10 outfits, 5 pairs of vans and flip flops, 4 bathing suits, charger, extra charger, undergarments, earphones, extra earphones, deodorant, perfume, makeup, toothbrush, iPad, iPad charger, accessories, wallet, and lastly phone. All check." I say checking off all the things.

Just then Jack bursts through the door, "finished packing?" He pants.

"Yea...why are you panting" I ask laughing.

"Nash thought that he was faster than me at running a football field. I'm proud to say that I proved him wrong." He gloats while smiling.

I laugh and say "so where is Nash now?"

"Dying on the sofa. It was a long football field and not only that, we also raced home." He sits on my bed next to my opened suitcase. I turn to get out some more jewelry to pack and when I turn around I see Jack holding a pair of my red panties.

"Do you wear these often? Because if you don't, you need to start." He says smirking and then puts them into his pocket.

"Give me my underwear!" I yell crawling over the bed but he then runs out the door. You think this boy would be tired after running a football field.

"Never!" He yells going down the stairs.

I'm now chasing him around the living room and Nash and Johnson are just watching us. Johnson is watching us from the kitchen and Nash is on the the couch with his feet up trying not to interfere with our running. Jack then pins me down on the opposite couch of Nash and he uses one hand to hold both of mine on top of my head. He then took out my panties from his pocket and threw them at Nash.

"Keep these safe." He said and Nash looked surprised. I kept on struggling with Jack until I was finally let go and went to go get my underwear back form Nash.

"Nash." I say while holding my hand out. Instead of giving them to me, he reaches his arm out on top of his. I crawl and straddle him trying to get them.

"Why the hell are your arms so long?" I ask struggling and trying to reach his hand. All of a sudden his face goes from happy to serious. I notice and ask "what's wrong." He gives me my underwear and picks me up and sits me on his lap.

"Stay there for 2 to 5 minutes. I'm wearing basketball shorts." Immediately after he said that both Jacks fall on the floor laughing and they look like they're about to pass out from how much they're laughing. I didn't understand until Johnson yelled "he got a boner!" Then continued laughing and I felt my cheeks go on fire! I look at him and kiss his cheek which made him blush.

"Hey! Why are you kissing him?" Jack says getting off the floor.

"I think it's flattering."

"So you'll give me a kiss if I got a boner because of you?" Jack asks.

"Okay! I'm so done with this conversation." I say and get off of Nash's lap and head up the stairs. I step inside my room and hear Johnson yell "Look! He's still hard!" Then more laughing, even Nash is laughing. I chuckled to myself and continued packing.

~A/N~

Thanks so much for 850+ reads! Love you guys!

~Sam💜