•Chapter 4•

Convo: ( I'm too lazy to write all the 'he said' and 'she said')

Nash: age?

Me: 14 what about you guys

Nash:16

JJ: 17

Jack:17

Cameron: 19

JJ: favorite color, food and drink

Me: specific I see( I tease) umm pink or mint, pizza, and Arizona, how bout y'all?

Jack: same as you but my favorite colors blue

JJ: green, Oreos and snapple

Nash: same as Gilinsky

Cameron: same as JJ

Jack: is that a southern accent I hear?

I blush and nod

Me: I used to live in Tennessee from 3 to 7 with a different family and I guess I caught a bit of an accent.

I immediately regret what I say as soon as I finish saying it but it's too late because they look at me with wide eyes. Crap! I think to myself.

Jack: What do you mean different family?

I didn't respond but I looked into his eyes with strong eyes but they soon turn into a more sympathetic look.

Cameron: Claire... Claire was in many different foster homes before I met her.

They were silent after that.

JJ: how did you guys meet

He said trying to change the subject

Cameron: I was bullied as a 13 year old and Claire being 8 years old came to the bullies at the park who were trying to take my shoes and she didn't say anything at first. Next thing I know she gets on her knees and bites the boys ankle until he bleeds. They never messed with me from that day on and Claire became my best friend.

I blushed and smiled at Cam and kissed his cheek for a good 3 or 4 seconds

Me: And he has always been like a big brother to me

I say holding his hand

Cameron: Do you want to be my sister?

Me: I already am - I say smiling

Cameron: no but legally, I'll adopt you as my sister!

I'm in shock and all I can do is look at him with big eyes

Cameron: is that a no?

Me: No! I mean yes! Adopt me! Then they can't take me away! - I say happily

Cameron: then I'll make the call

Cameron leaves the room

"Looks like your stuck with us." Jack says.

"And that's a bad thing?" I say then nuzzle my head in the crook of the side of his neck playfully and he laughs and blushes.

"Did you run away?" JJ asks seriously.

"What?" I say as my smile falls.

"Did you run away from your foster home?" he asks again.

"Ye-yes." I stutter out.

He looks at me with sad eyes and says "may I know why?" I nod slowly as I look at the ground, not making eye contact and lift up the back of my shirt high enough for them to see.

They all gasp at the sight of the scars on my back. There were A LOT! They took up all of my back.

All of a sudden I hear a glass cup make contact with the floor and shatter. I turn around to see Cameron with the phone in his hand and the cup he had on the floor. He had glossy eyes.

"Did she do that to you?" he says sadly.

I try to look strong and nod my head.

"You don't have to be strong for us, Claire. We love you scars or no scars." I let out a single tear.

"What did the adoption agency say?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"They said I just had to sign some papers and it will be official." he said happily. I ran into his arms with a smile and hugged him while wrapping my legs around his waist.

"You're really light, you know that?" I giggle and say "you know how to make a girl smile don't you?" I say then kiss his nose quickly.

"Haha, are you hungry?" JJ asks walking into the kitchen and I nod my head vigorously.

"I guess someone really is hungry." Nash teases.

"Tina only gave me food when it was absolutely necessary so I didn't eat often." I said nonchalantly and walked past him into the kitchen.

"Seriously?" he said in astonishment.

I nodded not making eye contact while looking in the fridge.

Cameron came out of the living room and walked over to me.

"Claire pick up your shirt real quick, I want to see your stomach." I obeyed and did as I was told. He just looked at my showing ribs and my nonexistent stomach. Just then, his staring was interrupted by my stomach grumbling loudly.

"Get this poor girl some food now!" Cameron yelled at Nash and Johnson who were watching the whole thing and they nodded quickly and started cooking right away.

"You guys are are the sweetest, thank you!" I say smiling.

As soon as I finish saying that Nash drops whatever he was holding on the counter top and says something to Johnson, Cam, an Jack. " I love her! This girl has been abused, starved, and neglected and she still has the ability to smile and show affection." I blush at his remark.

Then they continue cooking while I sit next to Jack.

"Why hello beautiful!" Jack says while putting his arm around me.

"Hello handsome." I say as I snuggle into him and he only hugs me tighter.

"You are my inspiration." he whispers in my ear as I watch Patrick talk into a bubble and blow it to spongebob. I turn and my eyes meet Jack's and leans in. My eyes widen wondering what the hell was he thinking. He then misses my lips and goes for my cheek. What a tease! I giggle at him and at my thoughts and I think he noticed my blushing because he then asked " Are you blushing?" He teased.

"No." I said with a straight face only to make my cheeks even more pink. He laughed and looked at my eyes but it looks as if he was looking into them and trying to find me locked inside. After about 5 minutes of us continuously looking at each others eyes and staying absolutely silent and grinning, listening to each other's heartbeats increase each minute, it was interrupted by Johnson coming in and saying "Foods ready-erm am I interrupting something?" he says looking at both of us.

"No." we both answer quickly and I giggle.

"Thanks Johnson! I'm starved." I say smiling.

"Anytime Claire." he says looking at me and then at Gilinsky who gave him a death glare. Probably for interrupting our 'little moment'. I then walk into the kitchen to find Cameron and Nash sitting at the dining table waiting for us. Let dinner begin!

~A/N~

Okay super long chapter! You are welcome 😊! Hope y'all are enjoying. Don't forget to vote comment and add to your library so you can receive my updates and by the way DOUBLE UPDATE!! May even do a triple. 😏 who knows! byez!!

~Sam💜