12 • Skinnydipped

🎭 Namjoon 🎭

"'Biding my time' sounds a lot like you're out screwing around. I guess some things never change." Theda adjusts the collar of her jumpsuit as she looks around the gymnasium at all of our former classmates.

"Something you should know about me and keep in mind going forward in any conversation you and I may have is that other than my name you really don't know anything about me anymore."

"I find it impossible to believe that certain deeply woven characteristics of someone's personality possess the ability to change no matter how much time passes."

"Theda.."

She raises her head and those pretty, loving deep brown eyes I once stared into as I made so many promises I failed to keep appear so cold and hardened.

"..twenty years is a long time. You knew Namjoon for five years of his young adult life while he struggled to figure out who he was and where he was going. Then one day you decided you couldn't handle the transition from boy to man anymore, so you walked out on him when he needed you the most."

"You didn't need me. You never needed me. You liked to play me for a fool."

Slipping my hands into my pockets, I lean my head slightly to the side. "Namjoon the boy needed you more than he was ever willingly able to verbally admit as he figured himself out. Namjoon the man doesn't have those issues, but you have yet to meet him."

FLASHBACK: TWENTY YEARS AGO
AGE: 23

🎭 Namjoon 🎭

"You should eat, Natheda," I basically growl through my teeth.

Her brown eyes are filled with so much hate I am surprised they haven't turned red. She glares at me from across the table.

"I don't have an appetite, Namjoon." Each of her words is enunciated with anger and punctuated with loathing.

"It's still not healthy to skip meals. You haven't eaten all day."

"Just because you haven't seen me eat doesn't mean that I haven't eaten."

I clench my fork in my fist. "We have been together all damn day. If you had eaten, I would have known it."

Her eyes squint at my movement. "Why does that make you so angry? Are you imagining doing something to me with that fork?"

"Natheda Kim!"

"Fuck you, Namjoon! You can't force me to eat!"

"I would never force you to do anything! You fucking know-"

"Then why are you forcing me to stay?!"

I clench my jaw. Dropping my sight back to my dinner plate, I take a fork full of food and bring it to my lips.

"You don't really want to leave, sweetheart. You're just a little perturbed right now and need to calm down."

"Fuck you and your 'calm down'. I don't want to be here anymore."

I look at Theda through my lashes. "As I said, you just need to calm your ass down."

She continues to glare at me. "I could call the police right now. I could call them and tell them I'm being held hostage by a fucking psychopath."