11 • Spending Time

🎭 Natheda 🎭

"Good to hear that you have found someone completely faithful since I was such a subpar significant other. Tell me, is that a term you have only recently picked up with this little guy, or have you been using it for some time?"

I scowl at Namjoon. "Don't call him that. Jungkook is a grown ass faithful man."

He rolls his eyes. "So you have said."

"Jealousy was always one of your least appealing traits."

"Has your young man met your mother yet?" he smirks.

"Years ago." I nudge one of my curls away from my face but it doesn't stay put. It falls right back over my eye. "Jungkook and I have been together for four years now."

"Can't believe Mama didn't have more to say about your pairing."

"First of all, she is my mother not yours so don't call her that and secondly, I am an adult who can date any man I please. It doesn't matter what Mama thinks."

"She doesn't mind that I still call her Mama."

My jaw drops. Who allowed my ex-husband to keep in touch with my mother after we divorced? She's supposed to divorce his ass too!

"Why are you still talking to my mother, Namjoon? She isn't your family anymore."

He reaches out to brush away the curl I tried to tame. Under the guide of his fingers, my hair stays right where he leaves it.

"Mama will always be my family, Theda. I fly in just to see her one Saturday out of every month. I've been doing it for about ten years now."

I am absolutely flabbergasted. My mother is a snake.

"Funny that Mama never mentioned you had found yourself a new suitor."

"Mama never mentioned seeing you every month, but she did tell me about the photos of you and your new flavor of the week. I can't imagine the hell you're putting her through."

I add a knowing finger snap. "Oh wait! Yes, I can!"

"I am not putting anyone through anything. I've grown and matured a lot over the years, and as much as I'd love to reap the benefits of my labor with someone special, I am very much still biding my time until she comes along."

FLASHBACK: THREE YEARS AGO
AGE: 40

🎭 Natheda 🎭

"Am I dressed okay? Should I have worn my hoodie over this Iron Man shirt? What if he thinks Iron Man is stupid? I should change."

I giggle to myself watching Jungkook panic about his attire to meet a seven year old. He rushes off to the bedroom still mumbling to himself about which of his superhero shirts would be best to wear today.

When he returns, he is wearing a Spiderman shirt that grips his arms beautifully and even showcases his man titties. He still looks nervous.

"How's this look?" He stares wide eyed at me.

"You look fine. We're just going to take the kid to the park. It really isn't that big of a deal."