Fifteen

"Eleven Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred."

        The screen cuts to King T'Chaka of Wakanda, "Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil not only because of the actions of criminals but the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all."

        You shake your head and turn off the TV.

        Wanda told you what happened, and it breaks your heart she's being blamed for saving more people.

        Don't get me wrong; tragically, people were killed, but more people were saved.

        You then hear a faint continuation of the news... coming from Wanda's room.

        When you head out to check on her, you see Steve has already beaten you to it, so you leave to go back to your room, wishing Loki was here with you.

        His kind, green eyes, holding secrets you wish to uncover; his sweet smile that never fails to reassure you surfaces to your mind. You dearly miss his funny and mischievous personality; his soft, velvety voice; his kind, thoughtful heart; and simply his presence.

        He overtakes your thoughts.

        You miss everything about him.

        Holy shit... I think I love him...

        Secretary Ross sighs, "Five years ago, I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my backswing

        Secretary Ross sighs, "Five years ago, I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my backswing."

        You raise your eyebrow.

        And did we ask?

        "Turned out it was the best round of my life because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something forty years in the army never taught me."

        And he goes on...

        "Perspective."

        Hopefully, he's finished.

        "The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, ricked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes... there are some who would prefer the word 'vigilantes.'"

        "What word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natalia speaks up.

        "How about 'dangerous'?"

        Your eyes narrow.

        "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?"