Sixteen

Rhodey stands in front of Sam, pointing at him every now and then as he talks, "Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor... which is one more than you have."

        "So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it going to be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam asks.

        You let out a long sigh, snickering under your breath at the sight of Tony - the drama king - with his hand spread out over his face as he practically lays down on the couch, rolling his eyes at the two men.

        "A hundred and seventeen countries want to sign this. A hundred and seventeen, Sam, and you're just like, 'No, that's cool. We got it.'" Rhodey argues.

        "How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam instantly asks.

        "I have an equation." Vision declares.

        Everyone's attention goes to him.

        "Oh, this will clear it up," Sam says.

        "In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially." Vision starts, "And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

        "Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asks, looking up from the Accords he's reading so carefully.

        "I'm saying that there may be a causality." Vision looks around the room at everyone's faces, each holding different emotions, "Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict... breeds catastrophe. Oversight. Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

        Rhodey turns to Sam, "Boom."

        "Tony...." Natalia starts.

        Tony runs his hand down his face before giving a half-hearted glare at Natalia.

        "You are being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal."

        My big worded widow.

        "It's because he's already made up his mind." Steve jumps in.

        Tony turns his head a bit to look at Steve, "Boy, you know me so well."

        He starts to get up before placing his hand at the back of his head.

        "That's what talking to Secretary Ross gets you." You mumble, earning a small smile from Natalia... and a glare from Tony.

        "Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache," Tony explains as he walks into the kitchen.

        "That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain." Tony continues, stopping in front of the sink and pulling out a mug, "It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal?"

        He angrily shoves something in the sink before turning to face the team.

        "Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He questions, setting his mug on the counter.

        He stares at you all before taking out a device and putting it in a basket, pressing a button, making a screen pop up in the air.

        The screen holds a picture of a young, black man smiling.

        Tony sighs.

        "Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree three point six GPA... had a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall." He comments as he pours himself coffee.