Seventeen

"A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than seventy people have been injured. At least twelve are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes... the Winter Soldier." The news anchor reports.

Your mouth opens a bit as you shake your head.

That can't be... Bucky would never do this. He's cured!

"The infamous Hydra agent linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." They continue.

You clench your jaw, turn off the TV, and grab your keys.

        You arrive at the sight of the accident and see Steve in a cap and sunglasses talking on the phone

Great disguise...

You park your motorcycle and approach him, then see him staring at Natalia, who's also on the phone.

I guess nobody can have a face-to-face anymore.

Steve soon hangs up, and you follow him into a restaurant where he meets up with Sam, who's also in a cap and sunglasses.

"She tell you to stay out of it?" Sam asks.

They stay in silence for a minute before Sam continues, "Might have a point."

"He'd do it for me."

"Nineteen forty-five, maybe. I just want to make sure we consider all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me."

"And now me." You say from behind them.

They spin around.

"Y/N, what the hell are you doing here?" Sam asks.

You put your hands on your hips, "Language." You whisper.

Steve crosses his arms and tilts his head in a 'Really?' look.

"By the way, nice disguises, you really don't look the same at all." You compliment sarcastically.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" Sam repeats, ignoring your comment.

You sigh, "I know Buck. I know he wouldn't do this, and I want to help. He hasn't gone Winter Soldier-y in a long time."

"How would you know?" Steve questions.

You take a deep breath, "I don't think we have time for that, now do we?"

"I'll make time. Now, why did you call him 'Buck'?" Steve questions, firmer this time.

"Buck was taken to the Red Room. He... trained with Natalia and me. Or Natasha, as you like to call her."

You can see Steve narrowing his eyes at you despite the sunglasses. You're a trained assassin. You can tell a lot with facial muscles.