Chapter 8

Ranboo POV:

Tubbo hasn't really moved all day, well neither have I. I think we're slowly turning into statues or something. We're just sitting here with our shoulders pressed against each other, reminding each other of the other's presence. We've spent a lot of time in silence, but I usually just forget he's here. Though it's difficult to forget someone's existence when they're pressed against you.

I mean I don't mind it, mostly. But it feels like we've been sitting here for hours, days even. I know it hadn't been days, at least I think it hasn't. Tubbo would've moved by now if it had been. But I feel like I should move now.

I lean forward to start to stand but I stop as I see Tubbo flinch hard. "Woah it's okay Tubbo." He nods his head at me then turns away. He's been acting weird all day; it's weird. I settle back next to him, maybe staying here wouldn't be the worst thing.

I can't turn my brain off, all because of the heartbeat of the person next to me. Tubbo fell asleep, with his neck bent in a weird way. All I could hear was Tubbos' heartbeat and soft footsteps from the hall. I can't shut off my thoughts, I can't imagine I'm in the cell alone anymore. Since Tubbo is here, another beating heart is stuffed into this cell with me. Other inmates may think that having a roommate would be great, but being alone makes the time go by faster. Let's you shut off all senses and just rot away like a corpse.

I hear a familiar knock on the wall. I quickly go to reach for a rock, only to be reminded of the body next to me. Hey, I forgot about his existence for a bit, progress. I finish my reach for the rock then turn to make sure Tubbo hadn't risen from his slumber. His eyes were just as closed, mouth just as parted, and neck just as craned.

I click the rock five times before I hear Techno's weight shift from foot to foot outside the door.

"You're getting out." I freeze as I hear Techno's voice, and make out what he had said.

"What?" For how small my voice came out I'm not even sure if he had heard me.

"The mansion put in an order for you to be released to the guards in a couple days. I'm not sure why, I wish I knew but I don't." My brain was barely making sense of anything he was saying. I'm getting out? I'm gonna see the world outside this damn cell. I look towards the window. I'm gonna see stars again, aren't I? "Listen Ranboo, I need to know you're listening to me when I say this." I look towards the door, giving the person beyond my full attention.

"I'm listening."

"If and when you get out of the mansion. Go to the north, there's a group of mutants that will keep you safe. Promise me you'll go there."

"To the north?" I repeat, making sure I heard right and trying to force the words into my brain.

"Yes, to the north. The leader is an old guard, he escaped a few months back. I would've gone with him if it weren't for you."

"Low blow." I scuff, knowing full well he didn't mean it like that. He ignores my words and carries on.

" Now that you're getting out I can join him, and so can you Ranboo. Just promise me you'll remember, this is the most important thing, you have to remember."

"I promise," I'll try "I'll remember."

"I'm not sure when they'll be taking you, but I'll keep you updated if I learn anything else." I then hear his footsteps, I listen as they fade away. To the north...

Or maybe it was to the south, oh damnit I'm so screwed.

Clay POV:

I sit at the foot of my bed with a loud huff.