Chapter 12

SapnapPov:

Maybe I should just try to shake him off. It would be easier, not only on me but on Bad. I’m not sure why he needs Ranboo, what I do know was that the prison excursion was top secret. But  I don’t think I can shake off the talkative nurse's help. He’s talking happily as we walk, but I know he’s watching me closely just in case I fall over. He’s worried about how hot I got, I don’t understand the big deal. I’m fine, but I know Karl would never take that as an answer.

We finally make it to Bads office, I knock on the door. I hear footsteps, and then the door opens. It opens and I see Tubbo standing there, hands now wrapped with cloth. “Oh hey, are you looking for Bad?” Karl freezes as he sees Tubbo, I mentally facepalm. Everyone non-soldier in The Mansion believed that Tubbo had ranaway, so we didn’t have to explain that he was actually moved to The Prison. Seeing the runaway teen must be a shocker.

“I thought you ran away.” Tubbo looks at me, maybe scream asking why the hell Karl thinks he ran. Hell no one but high-ranking and the cabinet knew that Tubbo even attempted to kill President Schlatt.

“Well I’m back.” Tubbo says, staring daggers at me.

I clear my throat, attempting to direct the conversation elsewhere. “Anyway, where’s Bad?” I notice how Tubbo stiffens the tiniest bit, before he relaxes again, no longer showing any reaction.

“Not sure, Skeppy wrapped my hands up, ran out of the room after that scream.”

“What the hell was that scream? It sounded like it could’ve been a mutant. In The Mansion though? It doesn’t make sense.” Both me and Tubbo go silent, Karl doesn’t seem to notice, seemingly too deep in his thoughts.

“You said you wouldn’t hurt him!” The yelling voice echoes through the halls, a lot quieter than the scream earlier. Tubbo runs out of the room, bumping me in the process. He hurriedly runs down the hall, following the yelling. “I’m gonna kill you!” I quickly gain my balance again and chase after him. I heard Karl’s voice behind me but I didn't make sense of it. “No it wasn’t necessary! Look at him!” The yelling carries on. “Get away from him!” As we got closer I could  make out the voice more clearly, it was Dream. I turned the corner right after Tubbo, seeing soldiers stopped just outside a door. “Let go of me!” Tubbo runs to the door, opening it just as fast. I run in right after he does, a dark hallway greets us.”No! Get away from him! Dammit let me go!” Dream screams from the end of the hallaway. It was too dark to see anything, only making sense of shadowy figures. Tubbo then stops, as I come to my own halt I almost run into him. I look around his shoulder and let my eyes get used to the lighting.

Once they do I see Dream being held against the wall, by nothing may I say. Bad was standing in the middle of the room, looking at Dream. I then turn to see Skeppy kneeling in front of something, no not just something. It was Ranboo. Ranboo who was held up in the corner of the room, steam coming from his body. He was folded into himself, you would even guess that he didn’t break six foot for how small he looks. Skeepy wasn’t close enough to touch him, he looked timid to get closer to the teen.

“What the hell?” Tubbo finally speaks, everyone turns to look at the two of us. I then feel a breath against my neck. I turn my head and I see a softly panting Karl. His eyes blown wide at the scene.

“Get away from him!” I hear Dream yell again. I turn and I see him pushing off the wall, towards Skeppy. Before he can take more than one step Bad was looking back towards him and Dream gets flung to the wall once again.

“What did I tell you, Dream? Stay still, I’m not hurting him.” Bad says calmly, too calmly for the high intensity oozing from Dream.

“You poured water all over him! Just to test to see if his fear could over power the handcuffs!” Dream tries his hardest to push against Bad's powers, but luck is not on his side.

“I can’t risk him escaping.” Bad speaks again,”To be fair I actually thought he would teleport.”

“A hunch doesn’t excuse hurting someone Bad!” Skeppy finally speaks. He turns to face his friend, I see tears in his eyes as he does. “What you did was wrong! He’s just a kid dammit.” Bad's expression finally changes, it goes from seemingly happy to hurt. He slowly lowers his head, finally allowing Dream to break free from his powers. The man finally is able to run to Ranboo, run to his brother. He slides onto his knees just in front of Ranboo, closer than Skeppy but still too far to touch. Tubbo then makes a break for it, running right up to Dream’s side.

I stood frozen for a second, maybe a minute longer. What the hell just happened? I feel a hand wrap around my wrist, without looking I know Karl is cowering behind me. “What’s happening Sap?” He whispers into my ear. I move my wrist in his loose grip, holding his hand correctly and strongly. It was a way for me to tell him that I’m there, that I hear him. But I couldn’t bring myself to speak, not even a whisper. Because I had just seen how Bad really is, I finally saw the person that Dream dreaded seeing. I had finally seen the man that Schlatt trusts fully, and it terrifies me. Because he’s the same guy that made me muffins for every birthday. He’s the guy that let me cry to him on every anniversary of my fathers death. He’s the man who stepped in for me after my dad died. And yet I-

I had no clue of who he really was.

-
I'm actually starting to like the way this story his heading.