Chapter 25.5

A year before current times:

The silence in Presidents Schlatt's office was uncomfortable. The hybrids and demons stood just in front of the goats desk. Then some of what seem to Schlatt's close men stood at the sides of him behind the desk. It's odd really, both Bad and Schlatt were very talkative on the walk over. But it seems that as soon as they walked into the room they left their friendliness at the door.

"So, Bad." Schlatt finally says, vemon lacing his tone like poison. "I assigned you the role of training our dear mutant army. I want to test just how well you trained them."

In the split of an eye one of his men were pouncing like a lion towards the mutants. Though just as quickly they were on the ground. Face pushes roughly to the floor with a knee digging harshly into their neck.

"Dream, that was meant to be a test for the mutants, not you silly." Bad pets at Dream's hair, like he was simply a dog. "Now let the young man go."

Dream growls, towards both Bad and the man who tried to attack his fellow hybrids. The pressure is released from the young soldiers neck and he jumps up, an oddly kind smile on his face.

"I didn't even see you move!" The raven haried boy speaks almost like he's animated. "Are you Sir Bad's personal guard? It would make sense that he'd have a strong guard like you." He then does a walk around Dream, seemingly sizing him up.

"He is! Though I'm gonna be giving him up to the guard for a couple years while I work on research to help the war front. Well of course as long as the meeting goes well." Bad giggles like a happy toddler well turning back towards Schlatt. It seems his happy attitude is back.

"Are all of them trained the way this Dream is?" Schlatt asks, eyes locked on Dreams still rigid form.

"I have seen no mutant nor human come close to my Dream's skills. Though with my guidance he did well in training your new guardsmen."

"Well certainly talking you up." The guard speaks as he finally settles in the spot next to Clay. There was no response to his comment. Or any of the other he made during the meeting. Dream, of course, heard every one. Even the few muttered under breathe about how he has a large stick up his ass.

"I was told you took seven from the prison. But I only see four in your possession." Schlatt says as more of an afterthought after talk of where each hybrid soldier would be placed.

"During training there was a bit of an incident. A few of our mutants manage to get away from us, they were attacked by a pack of wolves and were killed. Such a pity that their skill would amount to nothing." All of the hybrids were glaring openly at Bad, all looking like they could attack at any moment. Schlatt's men all tense because of the obvious murderous tension. The raven haired boy was also tense and reaching for his sword. "It was a very unfortunate situation. One that caused some tension, of course their hostility is only towards me. You don't need to worry about any them attacking any civilians or human soldiers."

"None of them are going to be allowed near civilians." One of Schlatts men speak, the only one other than the young soldier to speak during the meeting. "They wouldn't get the chance to even attempt to harm any humans. I don't even understand why we need assistance from these-" His rant is cut off by a very loud growl. Coming directly from the center of the small huddle of mutants, Callahan.

"They won't harm anyone." Dream speaks with obvious annoyance in his tone. " And if any of them even pose a threat to humans or mutants I will deal with each personally." There was whine, from Sam, at his words but they all seem to back down from their threat. All of the humans in the room seem to calm after that. But Dream wasn't done quite yet. "But if anyone dares lay one ill-willed finger on any of them, they will be handled with."

"Dream and Punz have been put in charge of all of the mutants safety, they both take their role quite seriously." Bad explains kindly and chiper.

"Isn't that a bit extra?" Schlatt asks, clearly intrigued with something about this situation. "Is it necessary for these mutants to need bodyguards?"

"It's more for your safety then there's, you are aware of their short temper." Punz speaks from his spot against the wall near the entrance. "Any issues caused for them and by them should be directly dealt with through either I or Dream, so neither party are harmed."

Schlatt nods his head with a crooked smile. He of course knows about both Dream's and Punz's inhuman status. He seems to be more intrigued about the story the Demon's and Mutant's are weaving.

"Any other questions or concerns?"

"None of relevance. My personal assistant and the assistant general will be showing your mutants to their new living quarters. Bad, I'll take you to your new study personally."

With that the meeting was disassembled. All of the humans basically ran out of the office as soon as they were excused. Leaving only the soldiers and a well dressed human with a large scar going from their chin to their eyebrow.

Once Schlatt leaves with Bad and Skeppy following the boy with a scar steps up towards Dream. "My name is Quackity, this scrappy fucker is Sapnap." The soldier stands tall after being introduced properly. "The mutants will be staying in the slave housing, both yourself and the other blonde can choose to stay there. Or you can choose to live in the soldiers living hall."

No one replies to man, though they all knew what both Dream and Punz would pick. They already made plans for that.

"Well okay, if you would just follow me." They all follow Quackity out of the room, Sapnap sticking close next to Dream for some reason.