Chapter 14

ClayPov

Oh shit.

"You should see your face right now. You look scared." He steps closer to me as he speaks. He walks until he's standing close, close enough that I have to crane my neck to keep eye contact.

"Who told you that? No one knows other then-"

"Tubbo told me you were in the prison, cellmates with your brother. Ranboo right?" His hand slaps against my shoulder, rough and daring. "It was pretty easy to put the pieces together after that."

"Listen I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I was-"

"Oh you're sorry?" He laughs as he squeezes my shoulder tightly. "That's rich. Are you also sorry for making me trust one of you? For tricking me into seeing one of those things like a brother? For years of friendship wasted on a mutant?"-

I couldn't speak, I couldn't even think. Sapnap has always gone by the book, you could say it was his way of making up for his dad's mistakes. To this day every rule he's broken for me has been because of our friendship. But not even friendship can make him take pity on a mutant, it goes against everything he believes in.

-"What? Do you all of a sudden have nothing to say? Cause I have a whole lot to say." He lifts his hand off my shoulder.

And I guess I should have expected it. I should have expected a stinging pain to greet my cheek and send me to the ground. I should have expected Sapnap to start swinging as soon as I was down. I shouldn't have expected him to love and care for me no matter what I may be.

By the time his punches let up, my face was bloody. He grabs onto the collar of my shirt. "Who gave you the right to trick me?! To trick George?! You were my best friend! And you just...!" His screaming dies as he lowers his head. "I hate you." His voice was weak.

I don't know what to do, am I supposed to lay here and take each blow? Am I supposed to comfort him? Or should I fight back?

I make my decision as he looks back up at my face. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen." I swing my right hand, my fist connecting with Sapnaps cheek. Sapnap stumbles off of me because of the force. He turns back to look at me, I now see how the fire was lit behind his eyes. I've gotten him worked up, and now I have to pay the price. "I don't expect you to forgive me. But I'm not gonna let you take free swings just because you're butthurt."

His lips pull into a little smirk. "I wouldn't want to have it any other way, friend." He begins to run directly for me, as if he was a bull. I don't dodge like I usually would, I let him lock his arms around my torso. I wrap my own around his back and lift my knee to meet his stomach repeatedly. He begins to batter into my side with hard hitting blows.

His impatient self must have gotten tired of us simply returning blows since he reached for my legs. I tried to step away from him but he grabbed onto my legs and dropped me to the ground. My back hits the grass roughly, with enough force for the air to leave my lungs. He didn't waste any time to return to his position on top of me. He swings but I move my head enough for his fist to meet the ground. I wrap my legs around his torso and my arm locks around his neck. I squeeze, and I squeeze. Sapnap has never been one to tap out, so I know I'll have to hold it until he's out. He struggles against me, even hitting any free area of my body he can reach. But I don't let up no matter how much he struggles.

I feel his skin begin to heat up, to the point where it begins to burn my own skin. I refuse the urges to pull away from the heat oozing from the man, I can't let up. He struggles more, it almost feels as if he had gotten even more strength.

"Sapnap?" I hear a low voice say, I look over Sapnap's shoulder to see George. Who looked scared, because this isn't like one of mine and Sapnaps normal spars. "Dream! Let go of him!" George says as he finally sees who had Sapnap in a headlock I didn't let go of Sapnap, though. I'm scared that he might attack me further if I do let go.-