CHAPTER - 15

OFF💚

My head hurt during our meeting earlier, I don't like Mr. Metawin's offer earlier. I looked at the piles of documents that needed to be checked and signed. Even though I'm not in the mood to do it now, I can't help but finish it because we have a family dinner later and it's embarrassing for my father's fiance if I don't get there on time.

"First, get me some coffee please."

I have to drink coffee while doing my job so that I don't feel like I used to unknowingly fall asleep while doing this.

"Yes sir." He answered me once bowing his head and then he went outside.

First Kanaphan is my Secretary and he has also become a good friend of mine. He has worked with me as my secretary for 8 years and I know he likes me but he knows that I am afraid to love again. He was kind and we understood each other.

In the past few months I have tried to open my heart for him because I have realized that it is not bad to love again and to be happy again. But I still can’t help but remembered what happened before and I’m afraid it might happen again, I don’t want to see myself how broken I used to be.

***

When I finished my work, I hurried to the restaurant where we had dinner with my father's fiance and his fiancee's son, Gun. I don't know if Gun knew that his mother would marry my father.

I know that he is an heir of the Phunsawat family and I also know that his parents are dead. I don't care about him and I don't love him anymore.

I'm happy but I'm not the same as before.  Not everything was easy for me when I was in the healing process before, that's why I'm afraid to love again and Gun was the reason I had trauma.

"Text me later when you get to your apartment."

I didn’t look at First when I spoke to him, I was just looking out the window and waiting for his answer. He chuckled and  I knew he felt butterflies in what I told him.

"Yes sir!"

I got out of the car and went inside the restaurant. The surroundings were quiet, I could only hear my father laughing and my soon to be mother. They were talking happily but Gun I could see he was nervous while looking at me and Krist my  half brother was approaching the table but I could tell he was angry.

Maybe he didn't know that Gun's mom was his father's fiance and that Gun would soon be our step brother. I greeted them and sat down next to Gun.

***

GUN👶

"By the way, my son Jumpol is already here." Mr. Perawat said.

I glanced at the door where Off was standing. I was suddenly nervous when our eyes met, he became even more handsome and more manly but the expression of his eyes seemed lifeless. It seems like, the one in front of me now is a different Off than the Off I met before who is always smiling and his eyes are twinkling with great joy.

He greeted us and sat down next to me where there was an empty seat. I tried to calm myself so they wouldn't notice that I was sitting uncomfortably now.

"I hope you and my son Gun get along."

Mother smiled as she looked at Off and Krist. I wonder why mother doesn't recognize Off, Off used to hang out at our house. Last year my mother also forgot my birthday I don't know if she meant it or not but my mother is not forgetful she just started like that 5 years ago. I always told her that we should consult a doctor but she always refused so I was even more worried about her.

"Did you forget about me, aunt?" Off said and pretended he was hurt that my mother didn't remember him.

My mother frowned and looked at me. "Did I know him before?"

I was surprised by my mother's question and could not answer right away. They all stared at me and their looks had different hints.

"Y-yes mom .." I stuttered when I answered her.

She frowned deeply and stared at Off intently. "I'm sorry if I don't remember you. Hahaha... maybe it's a sign that I'm getting older."

Mother said jokingly, they were all laughing except for me who was anxiously looking at my mother. Are you hiding something from me mother? I hope my guess is wrong. They were happy talking while eating and I was just going with the flow.

I can see Off laughing but why are his eyes sad? Is he sad that my mother doesn't remember him or because he sees me? Wait ... Why am I thinking trivial things?

"You can stay at home so we can get to know each other better while we wait for our wedding day."

"Is that okay?"

"It's okay, auntie and it's also good so that we can also have time to get to know our soon to be brother as well."

I looked at Off. What is he saying? Is he out of his mind? I wanted to contradict what he said but when he looked at me smiling but his eyes were angry I was suddenly nervous and became weak in the way he looked at me.

"All right if that's what you and your father want." Mother said cheerfully.

"I heard you're the CEO of one of the famous elite clubs in America and here in Thailand?"

"All the elite clubs I have now are not mine. I just inherited them from my parents."

I reply to sir Singto. Honestly, I'm not happy to hear my name that I'm the CEO of elite clubs that I haven't worked for. He just shrugged and continued to eat his food.