CHAPTER - 30

Third person pov.💚

5 months later...

A few months later, the long -awaited day arrived. Two couples wait outside the emergency room nervous and worried.

"Papi, I hope our sons and Samantha are safe. I hope Samantha gives birth safely." Gun's whole body was shaking so his husband supported him.

The doctor came out of the emergency room and approached Gun and Off. "Congratulations Mr. Adulkittiporn, Samantha gave birth to your two baby boys safely but baby B has to stay for a few days in the NICU unit due to his irregular temperature. Don't worry, your baby will recover soon and your baby A is healthy."

Gun burst into tears of joy at the news. Off immediately hugged him. "Thank you so much doctor!"

"What will you name your children?" The doctor asked them.

Off just stared at Gun and he smiled. "The baby A is Kayden and the baby B is Kyle." Off replied happily to the doctor.

Kayden and Kyle are the names they both talked about when they found out they would have two sons. They did not expect it to have twin. The doctor left and soon after, the nurse hurried out of the emergency room holding the baby to be taken to the NICU unit.

They entered the room. With a smile they both approached their son Kayden who was sound asleep. They didn't bother Samantha anymore because she was asleep and they knew she needed a rest. After observing the child they left the room.

Meanwhile...

Lawrence and Jay are very anxious facing the emergency room. Lawrence Smith and Jay Alvarez are the couple topping the list as the richest in Thailand. Joanna is the surrogate mother of their child who is also currently in an emergency to give birth.

Samantha and Joanna are both in the emergency room because they are both in critical condition. Fortunately, Samantha gave birth safely while Joanna still had no news from inside. That is why Jay and Lawrence will inevitably worry.

Gun approached Jay to comfort him. Jay was shaking and he could no longer control his feelings. Lawrence left to get Jay something to drink and Off accompanied him.

"Shhhh.... Stop crying jay. Everything ganna be alright just trust Him." Gun tapping his back.

Gun didn't know how to calm Jay down so he just hugged him and let him cry and caressed his back. Even Gun is worried about Joanna's condition now, they have been waiting for a few hours and Joanna entered the emergency earlier than Samantha.

"I'm scared Gun." He said while sobbing.

Before Gun could speak the door opened and the doctor came out. He removed the face mask and looked at Jay sadly. Jay immediately slipped out of Gun's embrace to approach the doctor.

"How's the operation doc?" He asked the doctor nervously while fidgeting.

"I'm sorry Mr. Alvarez but the operation wasn't successful, both Joanna and your son didn't survive."

Jay fell to the floor, He lost consciousness when he learned that their son and Joanna did not survive.

"....I knew it."

Gun's knee weakened. He wanted to approach Jay but he could not move from his position. Fortunately, the doctor helped Jay.

Just minutes later Off and Lawrence arrived. Lawrence was crying as he held Jay's hand on the side of the bed, Gun couldn't stop himself from crying. Jay slept for almost two hours, when he woke up they sadly came out of the hospital carrying the cold corpse of their son.

***

5 days later

"Papi, don't forget to bring the documents I have in my office."

"Yes baby, love you."

When the two of them finished talking on the phone, Gun dressed Kayden well because now his friends will be visiting. After he dressed Kayden he picked him up, when he came out of their room the hospital emergency alarm suddenly sounded.

"Excuse me, what happened to make the emergency alarm sound?" He asked the nurse in astonishment  who passed in front of him.

The nurse was almost out of breath, Gun could see the panic on the nurse's face. "The-the NICU unit is on fire.." The nurse replied.

Gun backed away at what he heard. He tightened his grip on his son before rushing to the NICU unit where Kyle was staying.

In the distance, he could see the blazing fire in the NICU unit. His eyes widened at what he saw, he could not believe that the room where his son was staying had been engulfed by fire.

"NO!"

He stroked his hair and looked up at the ceiling. Tears were dripping, he could hardly breathe and he wanted to enter the NICU unit even though there was still a blazing fire. He wanted to go to his son Kyle to rescue but the nurses would not let him go because it was dangerous.

More than an hour before the fire settled. Many ran and hurried to rescue the survivors but Gun just sat on the side like a statue. A nurse approached Gun. "Mr. Phunsawat, I'm sorry to inform you that your son did not survive the fire." Gun didn't move, only tears were dripping.

Gun lost his strength. Suddenly he remembered something that he had tried to bury in oblivion and hoped he would never remember it again.

"I'm sorry, we did everything but we failed to save him."

"Your father is dead."

"Mrs. Baifern Phunsawat, time of death 10:16 am."

"Condolence Mr. Phunsawat."