Chapter 51

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 51

This manhwa is based on the true events that have happened from the past.

All this time, I was wondering why the plot of the manhwa completely changed. But now, I think I've finally understood.

I was not brought inside the manhwa.

I was brought back to the past, to the time of the bloodiest monarch ever recorded in the history of human kind, Emperor Zhang Wei.

Emperor Zhang Wei was an ancient ruler in China who was known to historians as the "mad king". After killing his own father and brothers to claim the throne, he met the beautiful Empress as one of his royal concubines. His conquest to kill was stopped then, for he chose to stay in the palace and indulge in a happy time with his most beloved consort. Everyone at that time thought that his bloodthirst had already subsided upon meeting the beautiful Empress.

But according to the textbooks, he lost his mind when his most beloved Empress died of an accident that would later be found to be a murder by one of his Imperial Noble Consorts. The only string that was holding him back from going on a killing spree was taken away from him. She is his calm before the biggest storm. The Emperor's grief over losing her led to the decapitation of a thousand heads, earning him the name "mad king."

The name of the Empress was not even mentioned in the historical texts because, after her death, he forbade everyone to even mention her name. She is only written in history as the Empress who caused the most powerful man of that time to lose his mind and to wreak havoc on the continent.

Anyone would think that it is romantic for a great man like him to get insane after losing his most beloved, but to the people at that time, it only means merciless killings and endless misery.

The Empress's death started the long years of war in the neighboring kingdoms. The heartbroken Emperor embarked on an expedition to conquer lands and to spread blood in every nation that he would come across. He was known as the "wolf of war" on the battlefield because the howls of his black wolves were an omen that he was coming. Your land was next to be vanquished.

He expanded the borders of Qin while piling up thousands of corpses on his way. Any nation that refuses to form an alliance with him will be wiped off from the face of the earth with no mercy or consideration.

In just a matter of few years, he became the bloodiest and the most fearsome Emperor in human history. He even holds the Guinness World Record as the Emperor who killed most during his regime.

The sickness in his heart caused the downfall of many empires.

Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit ngayon ko pa biglang naalala ang lahat ng ito mula sa history class ko. Is the God of death making me remember everything now?

I can feel the cold water of the river surrounding me while I stay submerged.

Ganito pala ang pakiramdam ng malunod.

Ang ipinagtataka ko lang ay kung bakit hindi ako nakakaramdam ng pagkawala ng hininga kahit na nakalublob na ako sa ilalim na parte ng ilog.

While I was on that state, memories of the past suddenly flashes back into my mind.

"Jiao..." A vivid image of a little boy crossed into my sight.

I've finally remembered where did I heard that name. Because before I became Princess Chin, I was called Jiao by my mother first.