Chapter 8

Half an hour later, Layla and I agree that we're feeling hungry and decide to leave to go back to the hotel. Getting up from the stools, I grab my purse from the bar counter and Layla says her goodbyes to the men as I walk away. Hearing Layla's chunky heels catching up to me in a little jog, I turn to my side to talk to her as we're leaving the bar. Although it was pretty expensive here, I still enjoyed, even if my face said otherwise.

As we head outside into the now not-so-chilly air, Layla links arms with me as we walk past the bar that I'm sure Chase had come from. There are still security men outside, still turning away approaching groups of people and those groups walking away are talking to each other and wondering why they couldn't go inside. I'm not sure if that bar always has security men outside of there turning people away, but I wonder who they are letting inside.

Cardiff city is bustling with more people now than it did during the daytime. There are loads of drunken people walking about and I'm sure that not one of the people in sight are sober. There are lights from shops, bars, nightclubs and takeaways illuminating the streets - all of which are blurry neon zig-zags every time I look at them and then look away too fast. My head is spinning, my vision is spinning, and Layla is not helping with her drunken swaying. She keeps swaying into me and pulling me to the side when she sways the other way, I've probably bumped into a lot of people by accident and I'm hoping that they understand that we're just drunk because I'm in no mood to fight with anyone tonight.

We eventually make it back to the hotel and I'm relieved when we get into the reception. Me and Layla try to fit through the door at the same time and as funny as it may look, my hips are hurting like hell as they grind harshly against Layla's. We laugh our heads off trying to get through and the longer it takes the more hysterical we get. The friction between our hips is really starting to get painful and before it gets too painful, Layla manages to push through and I stumble behind her onto the reception floor. A member of hotel staff are walking from behind the reception desk into the corridor and looking at us with concerned expressions at our drunken behaviour. Me and Layla see this and instantly straighten ourselves up to try and look like we're not as drunk as we look when really, my vision is blurry.

We stumble across the reception floor, down the corridor and into the elevator - all the while we're laughing hysterically as quietly as we can. As the elevator goes up, I catch my reflection in the doors and I'm thrilled with how drunk I look. My eyes have narrowed, I've got an uncontrollable smirk on my face, my cheeks are flushed with colour, and me and Layla are holding on to each other for balance. When I look in the reflection of the elevator doors to Layla, she's already looking at me and we both begin laughing again. It's always nice being drunk with Layla, the uncontrollable laughing moments we have are just pure therapeutic. We have moments like these when we're sober, but there's something different about it when we're drunk. The doors slide open and we stumble out onto the second floor, arm in arm with each other.

As Layla slots the key-card in the card-reader and the red lights turn green, the sight of the door being pushed open by Layla makes me excited to go to sleep. I was hungry, but now I'm just so tired that my eyelids feel like they're being weighed down by the weight of the world. I know Layla's hungry though so I'll just stay up and keep her company until she finishes her food and goes to sleep. She'll probably be looking at our room service menu and using the room's phone to make an order as soon as she changes into her pajamas. I shut the door behind me and turn on the light as Layla is already by her bed. She switches on her lamp so I turn off the main light and head over to my bed to switch on my lamp too. Taking one last look at the bright nightlife below before I draw the curtains closed, I turn to Layla as she's taking off her boots and throwing them away from her bed. I do the same as I sit on down on the edge of my bed and bend down to take the wet wipes out from my suitcase.

After wiping off my makeup in the bathroom, I return to the bedroom to find Layla tucking herself in bed - much to my surprise. I thought she was hungry and was going to order food to our room, but she's in bed instead. I'm glad, in a way, that she isn't ordering any food because I'm exhausted, which it seems like she is too. The TV is on and she's watching adult cartoons that my cousin, James, really loves and watches all the time when he stays down at my parents' house. She's giggling to herself as I pull my top over my head as I make my way over to my bed. I get changed into my nightgown and as soon as it slips over my head, Layla catcalls me.

Pulling the covers back and getting into bed, I grin at Layla as she smirks at me and starts laughing. "Shut up," I say. Scoffing, I lie down in bed and pull the covers over me. The bed is really comfy considering the room really wasn't that expensive and the pillows are firm and comfy too. I know I'm in for a good night's sleep. The comfort of the bed is teasing to my exhaustion.

"Aye, Mon?" Layla croaks tiredly.

Looking over to her and rolling on my side, I smile. "Yeah?"

"We're going to see Black Dagger tomorrow!"

I knew that was coming

"Do you reckon they're good live?" I ask through a laugh.

"Hell yeah. I've seen videos of them live, they're amazing and so sexy, oh my god." Layla rolls her eyes and starts fanning herself, which makes me giggle. "I'm so tired, we need our energy for tomorrow. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, Mon." She turns the TV off and switches off her lamp.

Sighing, I think about tomorrow's concert and all the people that are going to be there. Butterflies slam against the wall of my stomach as I'm already nervous. If I'm this nervous now, then I can't wait to see what sort of a nervous wreck I'll be in at the concert in the front row with thousands of people behind me. With a knot in my stomach that's slowly untying with the thought of going to sleep, I switch off my lamp, leaving the room in complete darkness and silence.

"Night, Lay."