Chapter 24

A short while later, I can hear the audience filling the stadium in the distance. Loud cheering, chattering - all mixed into one big inaudible noise, almost like static. Black Dagger are just chilling back here, with no care in the world on their faces, drinking strong booze before they go onstage. I'm nervous, but not as much as I would be if I were in the crowd. Immortalibus and Black Dagger have been laughing and chatting together like old friends, getting along really nicely. 

There's also now women sitting in here too. From what I could gather from listening in on conversation, they're dancers for Black Dagger's concert - and they really look the part. These women all have blonde teased out hair and heavy makeup. They've got corset tops on, with tight leather shorts, fishnet tights, and thick black chokers around their necks. Of course, it didn't surprise me when the boys asked for the dancers to be in here to hang out with us before the concert. It also doesn't surprise me that two of the dancers are sitting on Ace and Wolf's lap, while Jace had asked the third one to do a slow dance for him as he watched with an ever-lasting smirk. 

Sitting between Wolf and Chase with a bottle of Jägermeister in hand, I take in this incredible sight yet again. It's shaming that it's taken me this long to see how truly lucky we are to be here with Black Dagger - and it's all thanks to me not having a lighter. Looking at Layla and Jackson, they seem pretty happy, and Layla is having the time of her life. I'm so glad she's happy, that she's enjoying. To my surprise - even I'm enjoying.

Two members from Immortalibus get up from the sofa and start walking past the sofa that we're sat on. There's loud sounds of chains rattling, heavy footsteps of their boots as they walk, and mischievous laughing coming from them. There's someone up on the stage, announcing that Immortalibus will be playing, and now it's clear why they're getting ready to leave. The other two members are now on their feet, trailing behind the other two. They're turning to Black Dagger as they're walking past us, talking to them, and saying they'll see them after the show. Are we seeing them after the show? When they get to the door, one turns around and symbols the rock gesture with his hand and sticks his tongue out at us before disappearing.

Jackson puts down his now-half empty bottle of booze and gets up with his arm around Layla. Everyone else gets up too, and I nervously push my weight off the sofa to follow. Chase gets up before me, adjusting his cowboy hat, as Ace ties his bandana, and Jace - well - he already has his shades on. I get up slowly and as everyone leaves the room, Chase turns to me when he's by the door. He's smirking at me and I'm smirking back, unsure of why he's looking at me in such a way. I can't believe this went from me talking to some unknown stranger in a back-alley to being backstage at Black Dagger's concert. Mad.

Following Chase and the others into the dressing room, the infamous celebrity-style dressing-table mirror instantly catches my attention. There's, of course, a big mirror with light bulbs around the frame. There's two red fabric sofas opposite each other, a coat rack behind the door with lots of jackets, and accessories hanging about. It's so strange to be in a rockstar's dressing room, I never thought I'd be in this position.

Layla, Jackson, Wolf, and Jace are sitting down on the sofas. Ace and Chase are looking through the jackets on the coat rack, laughing with each other, and seemingly just searching through for nothing in particular. Closing the door behind me, I stand with my back against it as I watch them take off jackets from the hangers and try them on. There's one jacket that Ace has just tried on and it looks amazing on him. It's a camouflage denim gilet and it just really suits Ace and his bandana. Chase spots a pair of fingerless leather gloves resting on the table and he instantly puts them on. I'm not sure if this stuff is theirs already, or put there for them. I don't really understand how this stuff works.

I can hear Immortalibus playing in the stadium, the sound echoing through the walls. Listening to their music, I notice something that catches me by surprise. Immortalibus aren't just any heavy metal band ; they're playing 80s style heavy metal, and it sounds amazing. They're a great band, just like Chase said, and now I can hear why. I'm definitely searching the band up when I get home and listening to more of their songs.