Chapter 45

Back at the hotel, as we're standing in the elevator, I can't help but smirk at how soaking wet all of the boys are. They look and smell like wet dogs. Their wet clothes are clinging to their bodies, their hair is drying off – but still really damp - and they look regretful of jumping in the sea now.

As we're walking out from the elevator, Chase pulls my arm back. I stop and I'm about to turn to him, but he stops me - making me stand still in front of him, facing the way ahead of me. I feel him fiddling with my bandana then it loosens and it's taken from my head. Confused, I turn around to face him.

"Wolf likes to paint when he's high and he's a wicked painter," Chase says. "I had an idea on how to tweak your bandana and make it look awesome on the yacht. I'll need to borrow it for a while, but I'll give it back to you when it's ready." He looks over my shoulder, whistles loudly to catch everyone's attention, then walks around me. "Wolf!"

Turning around, I watch as he jogs after Wolf before he enters his room. Wolf has his hand on the door handle as Chase approaches. Chase talks to him, Wolf nods, says something, raises his eyebrows, grins, says something else, then goes into his room. I wonder what Chase's idea was. I can't wait to see my bandana after Wolf's done with it. Wolf likes to paint when he's high? So, does he carry paint around with him wherever he goes or something?

Chase goes into his room, I go into mine. Layla is in here too, I didn't even see her coming in here, I presumed she went into Jackson's room again. But I'm glad she's here. Layla is looking through her suitcase for something, sitting on the end of my bed, looking distressed that she can't seem to find what she's looking for. Then she pulls out a white vest top. Looking at her top, I understand now why she's changing her top. Jackson has smothered his wet hands all over her top.

Laughing, I head over to her, pointing at her top as I sit down next to her. "I see Jackson didn't want you to miss out on the sea fun."

Layla scoffs and rolls her eyes as she pulls her top over her head. "Yeah, what a dickhead." She pulls her vest top over her head, pulling it down her stomach then turns to me with a huge grin. "This has been great, hasn't it?"

"Never thought I'd say it...but yeah, it's been really amazing," I admit shyly.

"They gave you your own bandana! How cool is that!"

"Yeah, it is pretty cool."

Layla stands up and pulls my hand, forcing me up on my feet. "I'm going to the lounge to wait for them, you coming?" she asks.

"Yeah, I just need to pick up a bottle of something from Chase's room first."

As we walk out of my room, I shut the door behind me, and Layla squeals and waves before heading down the corridor to the lounge. I would go downstairs to get some booze, but after someone with a camera somehow managed to make it up here before, I'm scared that someone is waiting for me down there, ready to capture the face of the mysterious girl that Chase Ryder has been hiding from the lens so much. It's just too much of a risk.

Opening Chase's door, I step in quietly and close it behind me. There's no sign of Chase anywhere, he must still be in the shower. Walking over to the bedside table, I pick up a bottle of whiskey and drink down a couple of mouthfuls. It's refreshing to have a drink after a good day out, it's probably the best drink - for me, anyway. Standing on the spot for a moment, downing more whiskey down, I realise something amongst the silence.

There's no sound of water running.

Chase isn't having a shower.

What the hell is he doing in there?

Deciding that this is my opportunity to find out what the hell he's up to in the bathroom, I quietly put down the bottle of whiskey on the bedside table and tip-toe to the bathroom door. Tucking my hair behind my ear, I put my ear to the door to listen for any sound coming from inside. But there's nothing. Maybe he's not even in there, maybe he left while I was in my room with Layla.