Chapter 26

**

"Do you come here often?" Jungkook asked Taehyung as they entered the café.

It had taken less than ten minutes to walk past the park and down the main road, before Taehyung took a turn to the left and slowed down.

When Jungkook reached, he found a small, petite café called the Sterling's at the end of the lane.

If one was in a hurry, they would definitely miss the café, but Taehyung stood in front of it, a small smile on his face.

"Not really." Taehyung said, as he waved at the owner and proceeded to walk towards the back.

Jungkook looked around, counting five to six tables, and the owner was taking down an order. He had a kind, smiling face and wore a grey apron over his white sleeved shirt. Beside him, another girl was packing what looked like a pastry into the box. And two other helpers were in the back, though Jungkook couldn't quite make out what they were doing.

Taehyung took a seat at the table near the glass wall, overlooking the deserted road. Jungkook sat across him, and lifted the menu. He hadn't eaten much in the morning, and now the smell of coffee and baking dough had his stomach grumbling for food.

"I found this café by accident, a couple of days ago. Since then, I end up here for my coffee most mornings."

"Oh-" Jungkook watched the owner give Taehyung another smile, before calling over one of his helpers, the girl, to his side. He handed her something and she nodded, walking out from behind the counter and towards their table.

There was a plate in her hand, and what looked like Danish pastry on it.

"Is that for you?" Jungkook asked, even though it was obvious.

How had Taehyung gotten the owner to do that? Were they close?

"Ah...I told him, not to keep giving me pastries like this." Taehyung muttered under his breath, but he wasn't upset. Instead he smiled at the girl, who looked at him, slightly flustered and handed him the plate with the pastry.

"Thank you." He said to the girl and Jungkook caught the blush on her cheek, before she gave a quick bow and scurried to where the owner stood.

Taehyung gave the owner another wave and lifted the pastry, taking a bite of it.

"Do you want some?" Taehyung asked, pushing the plate to him.

"Uh...no I'm good." Jungkook shook his head but his stomach betrayed him.

Hearing the sounds of hunger, Taehyung chuckled at Jungkook's red face and signaled for the other helper.

"Your stomach is pleading for you to have something, Kookie."

"What?" Jungkook head snapped up, and was quick to catch Taehyung's frozen look before he masked his expression with a strained smile.

"Order something, please. It's my treat."

"Did you just call me, Kookie?"

At that moment the helper appeared at Taehyung's side, and instead of answering to Jungkook, he turned to her. "Can I have the usual please?"

"Should I make two orders?" The girl asked, looking from Taehyung to Jungkook.

"Yes, of course. Make it two orders, please."

When the helper was out of sight, Taehyung leaned in and took another bite, stuffing his mouth with it. Jungkook got the distinct feeling, Taehyung was avoiding having to answer his question. But he knew how to play the game.