An Old Friend

They ended up finishing the rest of the movie and then Bradyn went home. They desperately wanted to have another sleepover but Bradyn's parents would probably be pissed.

The next morning Courtney wakes up and checks her email. It's nice not having to get up at the crack of dawn to go to school.

She opens an email from the school board. They've accepted her request to finish her grade 12 year online. This calls for a celebration.

Usually her celebration of choice would include something sugary and unhealthy but after last night she kind of wants to take a break for once. After Bradyn went home last night she ate the rest of the twinkies and a carton of ice cream that was in the freezer. It seemed a lot easier to just eat them off the floor than go through the hassle of putting them all away.

When she woke up this morning she was still feeling pretty full from last night. She settled on just snacking throughout the day and then planned to have a big dinner.

Part way through the day, she gets a message from their group chat making plans to go get ice cream this afternoon. Apparently this new ice cream shop had opened up near the harbour. They plan to go after public school has let out for the day.

Courtney finishes an assignment and hands it in before getting ready. Today was the best day of school she's ever had. She felt a real sense of accomplishment getting her homework done so efficiently. Online school is turning out to be one of the best decision she's ever made. No bullying, no snarky remarks, no stares. Just complete focus in a comfortable environment.

Courtney takes a shower and then blowdries and straightens her hair.

She picks out a mauve long sleeve and puts it on. It's a little tight on her but not tight in a bad way. She looks in the mirror and lifts up her arms. Her arms look really chunky in this top. She hadn't really noticed how big her arms had gotten until this moment. They looked like sausages that had been stuffed into plastic casings. She walks over to her dresser and opens the bottom drawer to grab a pair of dark blue jeans.

Courtney is forced to hold her breath as she bends down to grab the pants. The movement makes her stomach fold in half and press against her lungs making it impossible to breathe. She walks over to the full length mirror and stands infront of it as she puts the jeans on. She steps into the pants one foot at a time. When both legs are in their designated hole, Courtney stands up to catch her breath. She can't remember a time when putting on pants was such a difficult task.

She bends down and grabs a hold of the waist band then starts dragging the jeans up the length of her legs. The demin starts to tighten around upper thigh and for a second Courtney is scared that the pants won't even fit. She wiggles them onto her body and breathes a sigh of relief that she could get them over her hips. This is one of the last pairs of pants she has so they need to last her for a little while longer.

Courtney tugs at the front of the pants to try and get the pants to close. She tries several times and then decides to try and pull at the zipper.

"You're joking."

Courtney isn't going to be defeated by these jeans today. She sucks in as hard as she can and the button finally makes it through the hole. She slowly breathes out and the fabric squeaks under the pressure of her gut. She's scared she's going to pop them, but thankfully she doesn't.

She walks back to the bathroom to finish her outfit and completes it with a necklace, earrings, and perfume. Courtney tried to slide some rings onto her fingers but the ones that she has don't fit her anymore.

Just as she's satisfied with her outfit, the doorbell rings.

Courtney makes her way down the stairs, across the dinning room, and then to the front door. She braces her hands on the door as she leans in to look through the peep hole. She spots a delivery truck driving off in the distance and a couple packages sitting on the front step.

She opens the door and brings everything inside.

She opens the packages in anticipation. They're filled with tons of clothes. Everything she bought online came to her house relatively quickly. She couldn't wait to try everything on.

Her phone lights up and messages from the group chat are displayed on her lock screen. They're outside waiting for her. Courtney puts on some shoes and decides not to take a jacket and then leaves the house.

Holdyn's vehicle is parked in her driveway and all of them are standing on the asphalt.

"Why did you guys get out of the car?" She questions.

"We're taking your vehicle. Mines too small." Holdyn states instead of asking.

"Are we?" She contests. Not mad at the request but irritated by the delivery.

"Yeah." His tone doesn't change.

Some of the guys give her sympathetic looks as if appologizing on behalf of Holdyn's crassness.

"The keys are on the rack inside." She shakes her head and Holdyn rushes past her.

Holdyn pulls the escalade out of the garage and they all start pilling in. Although the escalade is a lot bigger than Holdyn's car it's still a squishy fit for the large friend group. Courtney has no idea how they even made it here in Holdyn's tiny car. They end up putting one guy in the trunk and then four guys sit in the middle row that's meant for three people.

Courtney ends up squishing into the back row with Bradyn and Grayson. She sits in the middle which makes no sense.

The drive there isn't too long but it's long enough for Courtney's legs to get tired. She was trying to hold them together so she didn't squash the guys with her massive thighs but at some point her legs get tired and start to shake so she lets them go. Courtney's legs flop out and lean against both of the guys. Grayson doesn't seem to notice. He's too busy shouting and being loud with the others across the vehicle. Bradyn, on the other hand, noticed.

Bradyn was aware of the exact moment that Courtney's thick, warm thigh pressed up against his. He tried to ignore it but couldn't. He wanted so badly to reach out and rub the inside of her thigh but couldn't; because then someone would catch them and their secret would no longer be a secret.

Keeping this a secret was going to be hard. Looking at her upper body stuffed into the magenta top gave him all sorts of feelings. She looked good. Really good.

When they parked infront of the ice cream parlor Bradyn wished the car ride was longer. Everyone starts getting out of the vehicle. When the escalade is almost empty and Grayson has gotten up, Bradyn runs his hand down the length of Courtney's inner thigh and then caresses her hip as she bends over to get out of the car.

Courtney gets lost somewhere at the front of the group and Bradyn somewhere near the back as they all walk in together. Bradyn is focussed on how great her butt looks in these jeans as he walks a few steps behind her.

They walk up to the front counter and put their orders in then walk back to a table, waffle cones in hand.

They all sit down. Bradyn looks around and notices that Courtney is missing. He looks up and sees her talking to a guy. Grayson asks his question for him.

"Who's that?"

The entire group turns their heads putting their attention on Courtney and the random guy.

He towers over Courtney quite a bit. He's wearing well fitted jeans and a short sleeve shirt that shows off his toned arms. He's traditionally handsome and has a stong jaw line. Jealousy seeps in as Bradyn watches this guy laugh at something she says. They're talking so easily. He can tell that this guy is flirting with her.

He watches as Courtney reaches into her back pocket and pulls out her phone. She hands it over to the guy and he takes it from her. He types something into it and then hands it back to her. Rage bubbles inside of Bradyn as this guy leans down and hugs Courtney around her waist. When they break away from the hug his hands linger on her waist a little too long for Bradyn's comfort.