Sub

It's been months since Courtney dropped off the face of the Earth. At first, Bradyn was trying to give her space, but it's beginning to become unbareable now. They used to text pretty frequently but now he can't even remember the last time he's heard from her. 

He knows that her and Griffin have broken up but that's about all the life details that he's aware of. He doesn't even know why or how that happened. Even he thought that, without Griffin in the picture, she'd start spending more time with him. Guess he was wrong.

As if reading his mind telepathically, Courtney's name pops up on his phone.

Courtney: "Hey."

Griffin wants to bombard her with questions and ask if everything's okay but he's scared that she'll pull away again if he does that so he just says 'Hey' back.

Courtney: "What are you doing later today?"

Bradyn: "Nothing, why?"

Courtney: "Can I come over to see you?"

Bradyn jumps off his bed. He can't contain his excitement. He jumps around his room, flexing and shaking his head, whisper yelling 'Let's go!' through gritted teeth so he's not too loud. He regains his composure and picks up his phone that he threw on his bed.

Bradyn: "Yeah, of course."

Courtney: "Cool, does 4 work?"

Bradyn: "4 works."

After that, she doesn't send another text. Bradyn sits in his bed staring up at the ceiling. His mind is racing. 'She hasn't talked to me in weeks. I wonder what's up. Is everything okay? I'm sure everything's okay...' He wastes most of the day pacing around the room deep in thought. He can't help but wonder what she looks like now. Like obviously he knows what she looks like but he can't help but wonder how much weight she's gained... or not gained. Who knows, the breakup could've been really hard on her and she may have lost her appetite and stopped eating as much. Or it could've gone in the opposite direction and her reliance on comfort food could've increased. 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Courtney figures she has to leave the house at some point. She can't just hide away locked up in this house. She doesn't want to admit it but she actually misses having human interaction. Specifically Bradyn's interaction. 

It wasn't safe for her to be alone anyway. She's getting dangerously large and doing everything herself is beginning to become a challenge.

Courtney dedicates the entire day to getting ready: showering, doing her hair, and getting dressed. All the other tasks aren't so much hard as they are time consuming, but choosing an outfit is the most difficult part. 

Courtney remembers when there was a time, back in her cheerleading days, when she would choose her outfits based on how they looked. She'd spend countless hours sifting through different tops and bottoms in various assortments of colors, styles, and patterns deciding what would go together the best. But now, she is forced to prioritize function over fashion. Nothing fits her anymore. It isn't a matter of what looks good together, but rather, what fits over her 300 pound mass.

She settles on a t shirt and some jeans but neither are a correct fit. It'll have to do. She finds comfort in the fact that Bradyn won't judge her. She thinks back to how he's never failed to make her feel sexy at every size she's been. 'I wonder how he'll react to how I look now' she wonders to herself.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

At 2:30 Bradyn is close to driving himself mad. He's been wandering around the room so furiously that he swears he can almost see a path worn down in the carpet.