Limousines and Take-Out

Griffin almost doesn't recognize the girl standing in the jet.

She smiles so wide that her face hurts. Griffin smiles back up at her. He looks like a little penguin in the black and white three piece suit he's wearing. He's wearing a bowtie instead of a long tie and it's a nice touch. The sun glints off of his freshly polished black shoes. Courtney grabs onto the railing and only gets her foot down the first step before Griffin yells up at her.

"Courtney! Wait!"

She watches as he lunges for the stairs and starts scaling them all the way to the top. When he reaches her, he's out of breath. But not out of breath in a 'I gained a ton of weight and now I can't tie my shoes without passing out' kind of way, it's more like an 'I'm athletic and that was just a warm up' kind of way.

She backs up to let him on the plane.

"How are you?"

"Good!" Courtney gives him a nervous laugh.

"You look stunning." He says between puffs.

Griffin places her wrists in his hands and takes a step back to look at all of her. She knows what he's doing. By taking her arms away she isn't able to cover up her torso, allowing him to take a long look at her figure.

Griffin notices she's gained weight since the last time he saw her. It's not a lot but he can tell she's been eating well lately. Her stomach folds over her thighs a little bit more now. There's a deeper crease in her double chin and even her legs look like they're touching more.

"You look really good Courtney." He repeats.

She can only smile back in response. When the eye contact gets too much she lowers her head and allows her hair to shield her face. Griffin is having none of that and tilts her head back up with his hand.

"Ready?" He asks.

Courtney nods and smiles.

"Okay, let's go." She pauses for a moment, expecting him to lead the way but his body language makes it seem as if he wants her to walk ahead of him so she does.

"Sorry for yelling at you." They stop at the top of the stairs as he speaks, "I didn't want you to come down by yourself. There are a lot of stairs and you're wearing heels. I just didn't want you to trip."

Courtney feels a hand wrap around the right side of her waist and then a hand meets her left hand, holding it out infront of her. This is the first time he's touched her. Well, second time if you count the ice cream day, but this is the first time he's REALLY touched her. She likes how comfortable he feels. He didn't hesitate with his touch and his hand wrapped around her waist like it belonged there.

She doesn't realize she's not moving until Griffin says, "Go ahead."

She takes the steps one at a time until the ground is in clear view. She can feel him softly breathing on the back of her neck and it tickles her skin. Courtney gets over ambitious for a second and loses focus. She misses a step and trips forward. Griffin is quick to react and grabs a hold of both of her hips to keep her steady.

"Careful." He teases.

He squeezes her waist until they reach the ground, then he moves his hands from her middle to just rest one on her lower back, guiding her to the limo. Griffin opens the door for her and she looks back to wave at Murphy before ducking inside.

Inside the limo is much darker than outside.

Griffin sits close beside Courtney but not close enough for them to touch.

He can see the tempting skin of her legs out of the corner of his eye. He would love to run his hand up and down the length of her chubby thigh but that's a bit too much for the first date.